Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, here is the link:

we apparently have limited money if we waste it on another defender then someone needs to be beat around the head with a traffic cone

Except he isn’t a defender?
When I'd seen him spoken of he was spoken of as a defender, according to Wikipedia he is apparently mainly a holding midfielder, like we need another one of those, but can play right back, we already have 3 or a right winger we haven't even given Under a proper chance there yet let alone someone who "can play" there.

If we are going to sign someone it needs to be a proven winger or a young striker to backup Vardy

When I'd seen him spoken of he was spoken of as a defender, according to Wikipedia he is apparently mainly a holding midfielder, like we need another one of those, but can play right back, we already have 3 or a right winger we haven't even given Under a proper chance there yet let alone someone who "can play" there.

If we are going to sign someone it needs to be a proven winger or a young striker to backup Vardy
I thought he was a box-to-box midfielder with a smattering of goals to his name.

A hard bastard too. I believe. Something we are lacking at the moment in certain games and circumstances.

I thought he was a box-to-box midfielder with a smattering of goals to his name.

A hard bastard too. I believe. Something we are lacking at the moment in certain games and circumstances.
he won't play ahead of Wilf, Tielemans or Maddison but if your description of him is correct it would make more sense but is still not where we should be buying if funds are as tight as speculated

he won't play ahead of Wilf, Tielemans or Maddison but if your description of him is correct it would make more sense but is still not where we should be buying if funds are as tight as speculated
I’m not sure I agree with you. We have shown in some games (against more physical teams) that we lack a bit of steel.

if he provides this it will be a very good signing.

I also believe (for the first time in our history) that we are building a really strong and competitive 25 man squad.

Horses fir courses and all that.

the only position where we really struggle, Is the JV one, but most teams struggle to have an ‘as good’ replacement on the bench.

I still believe Barnes is being trained to replace JV once he goes...

I’m not sure I agree with you. We have shown in some games (against more physical teams) that we lack a bit of steel.

if he provides this it will be a very good signing.

I also believe (for the first time in our history) that we are building a really strong and competitive 25 man squad.

Horses fir courses and all that.

the only position where we really struggle, Is the JV one, but most teams struggle to have an ‘as good’ replacement on the bench.

I still believe Barnes is being trained to replace JV once he goes...
I think we also struggle with creativity in midfield. If we don't have Maddison, we really, really struggle to create chances. We have Praet, Choudhury, Mendy, none of whom are creative. Under seems to fit that description but who knows what is going on there.

There is no doubt we are desperate for another back-up striker if Perez isn't going to be used there but a creative midfielder is also a place we need to strengthen if we are to challenge the top 4.

I think we also struggle with creativity in midfield. If we don't have Maddison, we really, really struggle to create chances. We have Praet, Choudhury, Mendy, none of whom are creative. Under seems to fit that description but who knows what is going on there.

There is no doubt we are desperate for another back-up striker if Perez isn't going to be used there but a creative midfielder is also a place we need to strengthen if we are to challenge the top 4.
they are the 3 priority areas, creative CM, a winger and striker

Bye, bye, Islam. They're just finishing off loading the cases full of cash and then he'll be away.

Photo by lee1978lcfc on January 12, 2021. Image may contain: one or more people, airplane, shoes and outdoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757