Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iborra, Silva and Inler all on that list...

All failed signings but all similar players who looked like good signings at the time, coming from playing at a decent level.

I was going to say that it suggests that type of player just wasn't right for us or maybe the Prem in general.

But actually, weren't they all just early attempts at what we now have in Tielemans?

Why's it worked with Youri and not them? He's younger so more able to adapt maybe? Better work ethic? But I never felt the others didn't try.
Tielemans is a class aprt. He also fits into the younger group within the team so perhaps he was just a little bit 'accepted' as well.

Iborra, Silva and Inler all on that list...

All failed signings but all similar players who looked like good signings at the time, coming from playing at a decent level.

I was going to say that it suggests that type of player just wasn't right for us or maybe the Prem in general.

But actually, weren't they all just early attempts at what we now have in Tielemans?

Why's it worked with Youri and not them? He's younger so more able to adapt maybe? Better work ethic? But I never felt the others didn't try.
Tielemans is more attack-minded and moves the ball quicker than any of those mentioned, He is a more intelligent player from what I have seen as well. Though I would also note the others only really had Vardy making runs for them to pick out, Tielemans has the luxury of playing with Madison, Barnes, Perez, as well as Vardy, so has better passing options.

(Mahrez wasn't very good at running off the ball for us, he tended to wait until he was given the ball before he did anything)

You don't need much pace if you've got other things to contribute to the game. Unfortunately for Silva and Iborra a 2 yard sideways pass doesn't really add much....see Drinkwater in his final months.

Tbh, the little I've seen of him makes me think.... nah, give it a miss. He's not Premier league standard from what I saw. But then maybe he had an off day.

Edit: ah, a "replacement" for Slimani. As in like-for-like. That reasoning I see.... not that it makes any ****ing sense.

Last edited:
Tbh, the little I've seen of him makes me think.... nah, give it a miss. He's not Premier leave standard from what I saw. But then maybe he had an off day.

Edit: ah, a "replacement" for Slimani. As in like-for-like. That reasoning I see.... not that it makes any ****ing sense.
If it’s like for like it’s nailed on he’s ****ing shit.

Leicester City are ready to challenge Arsenal, Roma and AC Milan for the summer signing of 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder Otavio, who looks set to leave Portuguese side Porto when his contract runs out. (Leicester Mercury)

Hope he's more Ricardo than Slimani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758