Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers says here that we're very unlikely to bring anyone in during this window, citing that now we now have almost a fully fit squad and the economic pressures of the current situation

Also that outgoings are unlikely unless they provide 'significant benefits', so Hamza is unlikely to go on loan but Gray could still be moved on if we get a fee for him before the end of his contract presumably.

May as well close the thread!

Doesn't seem like Spurs are going to come in for Gray - despite all of those newspaper stories. Almost as though it was complete BS spread by his agent to make him appear like a player that someone might be interested in.

Rodgers says here that we're very unlikely to bring anyone in during this window, citing that now we now have almost a fully fit squad and the economic pressures of the current situation
Except that our main goalscoring threat could soon be out with a hip injury or worse, and our backup options for him are either someone who can't keep the ball or someone who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Except that our main goalscoring threat could soon be out with a hip injury or worse, and our backup options for him are either someone who can't keep the ball or someone who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I would be happy with Barnes in the Vardy role with Albrighton, Madisson and Castagne behind him when Ricardo is back.

The lack of a decent backup striker massively concerns me and I think will be our undoing this season - especially if we want to compete in 3 competitions.

I imagine the lack of movement there is more dictated by the lack of funds available though unfortunately.

...I imagine the lack of movement there is more dictated by the lack of funds available though unfortunately.

Or lack of quality options.

Of course we could always do a Wolves and buy a teenage striker who hadn't started a league game for his former club for 35 million quid...

Gray could still be moved on if we get a fee for him before the end of his contract presumably.

We'd probably like to get a fee for him. But as we get closer to the end of the window it would make sense to let him go for nothing (as long as we don't have to pay the rest of his contract). There's no point keeping him if he's not going to play for us again.

The lack of a decent backup striker massively concerns me and I think will be our undoing this season - especially if we want to compete in 3 competitions.

I imagine the lack of movement there is more dictated by the lack of funds available though unfortunately.
If only we could score a goal from a ****ing set piece it wouldn't be such a problem

While I agree that we need to invest in a striker soon, I do think that Perez could be an effective substitute in a fix.

I'd rather that than us force through a move that interrupts our long term planning.

I will say that while I think Nacho is better than most people do, his race appears to have been run here.

We'd probably like to get a fee for him. But as we get closer to the end of the window it would make sense to let him go for nothing (as long as we don't have to pay the rest of his contract). There's no point keeping him if he's not going to play for us again.

we want £2M according to this site

I really wanted Nacho to do well here. He seems like a nice lad. I think that might be part of his problem though, he's a little too nice, as though he is waiting patiently for a goal to come and when it does, he's just relieved that he has been allowed by the fates to add another goal to his statistics. It's pretty clear we are looking to move him on in the summer but we are probably going to take a financial hit to do so, as I can't see anyone paying 25 million+ for him.

At the end of the day we shouldn't be expecting to find a player that can do everything Vardy does and we need to focus on having a goalscoring front 3 in the near future. This fits our transfer strategy of selling on one big player a season and reinvesting in multiple positions much better, rather than focusing on one superstar that leaves us ****ed if they ever pick up a long term injury.

I can still see Iheanacho having a crucial role to play this season.

It isn't a good look to ridicule someone who has generally done a perfectly decent back up striker job. He's on a hiding to nothing really and he just gets on with it.

Yes he's limited but I'd rather back someone that we'll need at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757