Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2020/21 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Southampton and Newcastle, we refused to pay the exorbitant agent's fee demanded which is why we didn't get Maitland-Niles. In the Daily Wail this morning.

Yep. I actually think he wants to stay. Not sure why, but I get the impression he’s really happy.
Agreed. He seems to be the sort of player where being happy is one of the most important things to him, hence why he signed permanently.

Agreed. He seems to be the sort of player where being happy is one of the most important things to him, hence why he signed permanently.

And he has experience of what can go wrong when you get a big move to the wrong club.

He will go eventually, but I think he might stay longer than some think

Leicester must be one of the most attractive clubs to currently play for, one of the best training facilities in the world, a stadium expansion on the horizon, good ambitious owners, a top manager and some genuine young potential world class players. If Leicester can keep this squad together and add a couple of attack minded players we have a genuine chance of achieving something special, so along with £100k a week why would you want to leave

Leicester must be one of the most attractive clubs to currently play for, one of the best training facilities in the world, a stadium expansion on the horizon, good ambitious owners, a top manager and some genuine young potential world class players. If Leicester can keep this squad together and add a couple of attack minded players we have a genuine chance of achieving something special, so along with £100k a week why would you want to leave
Because at Cheatsea or Yanited he’s be on £150k+ per week like Chilwell and Maguire

Other teams have very good training facilities
Other teams already have bigger, better stadia
We’re not a high profile Club
We don’t pay anywhere near what others pay
We can’t afford to buy the very best players
Inferior players at ‘big‘ Clubs get caps before our players do
We’re not a Champions League club
Apart from THAT season, we don’t win anything
Rodgers will be off as soon as a ‘big’ club comes a calling

Rubbish. Where’s the blind Leicester bias in this post? Must try harder.

Miserable sod.

Some of the points Homer makes have some truth; higher wages and the "big" club thing BUT, I don't think Brendan Rodgers will leave until he genuinely thinks that he has taken Leicester as far as he can. Read his biography, it still niggles that he left Swansea too early. I think he'll see us through.

If you actually read and understand my earlier post I said "we must be ONE of the most attractive teams"
Add everything I mentioned together and other than maybe 4 teams in the league who is in a better position to have players like Tilemans and Ndidi want to play for them ?
Some people on here give the impression they want Leicester to fail and will just spend their whole time moaning and picking faults in everything, miserable twats.

If you actually read and understand my earlier post I said "we must be ONE of the most attractive teams"
Add everything I mentioned together and other than maybe 4 teams in the league who is in a better position to have players like Tilemans and Ndidi want to play for them ?
Some people on here give the impression they want Leicester to fail and will just spend their whole time moaning and picking faults in everything, miserable twats.

I just gave you a list of reasons why a player would want to go somewhere else, in answer to your question

It‘s not being miserable, it‘s just being realistic - but please do feel free to go on some insane rant for no reason whatsoever, if it makes you feel good

I just gave you a list of reasons why a player would want to go somewhere else, in answer to your question

It‘s not being miserable, it‘s just being realistic - but please do feel free to go on some insane rant for no reason whatsoever, if it makes you feel good
Sigh... I was trying to be positive about Leicester and how we have been growing in leaps and bounds over the last few years, yes their is a very small handful of clubs that would appear a better prospect than Leicester in the premier league.
We have one of the best training facilities in the world much better than almost every team in the premier league.
We don't need a massive stadium to be considered a top club, but if the capacity increases to around 40k and its done the same way as the training ground it will be one of the best in the league.
Our profile is getting bigger by the season and will only grow with more champions league football.
We pay alot more than the majority of clubs in the league.
Our transfer record is £40 million outside the top 4/6 who pays more
Tilemans, Castagne and Praet get picked for the top rated country in the world.
Were striving to be a champions league club, we were 1 game away last season and in an excellent position this season.
Only time we'll tell if Rodgers leaves for a bigger club but again their is only a few better than us and clubs like Chelsea, Man U he will be sacked within months if he doesn't hit the ground running, he has been burnt like this in the past.

It wasn't an insane rant for no reason it was a justified response to your post and surely you can see how Leicester are progressing massively and no I don't feel any better, just disappointed really.

Someone posted that we are resisting outrageous agents fees, and that is maybe why some deals do not go through. I find it hard to get inside the mind of a professional footballer who thinks that with a ‘working‘ life of maybe 10 years, that it is essential to earn £7 million a year rather than a paltry £5 million a year. Given that either salary would be more than enough for a lavish lifestyle for decades, does not working conditions, quality of manager, ambitions and support of owners count for anything? If Tielemans is looking for an ambitious club and CL football, then halfway through this season 3 of the Big 6 are currently 10 points behind us and not showing any signs of catching up.

99% of all players and managers follow the money.

They will go wherever they get the best salary, additional payments, endorsements, opportunities for image rights, etc.

It is a short career so they all have agents whose entire purpose it to drive their clients income to its highest level possible.

We are estimated to be the 9th highest paying club in the PL. We are not in the top 20 paying clubs in Europe. We have won one major trophy in two decades.

If someone like Tielemans moved to any of the 'big six' or a major European side, he would at least double his income from any contract we are able to offer him. He would also have a much better chance to win things elsewhere.

It's the same story with BR. He will follow any opportunity to 'better himself' and his family. Any of the big six or a major European side would provide him with this. He'd drop us like a shot.

We are improving all the time as a club but we have to be realistic. Players and managers will outgrow us.

So what is he more likely to win with Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea in the next few years, that he cannot have a great chance of winning here?
I accept the money argument, but not the win more with these three.

I think we were very lucky to get Rodgers and I am dreading the prospect of returning to another Puel. Hopefully we have grown enough under BR to attract a good manager when he leaves.

If Leicester start getting champions league football on a regular basis then what's stopping the club paying £200k a week to our best players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757