Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

More and more being written about Maddison and Tielemans to Newcastle, almost daily. That would royally piss me off.

More and more being written about Maddison and Tielemans to Newcastle, almost daily. That would royally piss me off.

Let it go. This is our ninth season in a row in the PL. We don't really do that. I look at our club and I've come to the conclusion that we need to be relegated, have a total clearout and start again. We've got lazy, bloated and inept on and off the pitch.

The only player I've got any emotional connection to is Vardy and he's looking cooked nowadays. I couldn't give a shit about any of the others. And the less said about the coaching and admin side the better.

Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forwards.

Let it go. This is our ninth season in a row in the PL. We don't really do that. I look at our club and I've come to the conclusion that we need to be relegated, have a total clearout and start again. We've got lazy, bloated and inept on and off the pitch.

The only player I've got any emotional connection to is Vardy and he's looking cooked nowadays. I couldn't give a shit about any of the others. And the less said about the coaching and admin side the better.

Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forwards.
Nope. Not for me that. In fact, that which you speak is a bunch of cock.

We must not go down. We must not sell our prize assets to Saudi.

If I was Maddison I'd be off like a ****ing shot.

**** playing for this useless twat and a load of players who don't even understand pass and move.

A real shame but we're nearer to what we once were rather than what we should have become.

Nope. Not for me that. In fact, that which you speak is a bunch of cock.

We must not go down. We must not sell our prize assets to Saudi.

At least the Championship is honest.

I was so sick of it by 2014 but now it feels like respite care.

I know a little about what some of our players get up to off duty. They're mostly just nasty ****s. They'll love to take blood money.

I know a little about what some of our players get up to off duty. They're mostly just nasty ****s. They'll love to take blood money.
I've felt like this for years.

The Premier League is the poisoned chalice. Every Championship team is desperate to get there and get some of the table scraps from the mass media dining table. Only when they get there will they fully realise it's a closed shop.

You're not actually going to break into the top 6 in the long term because you're not part of the long-running cartel that runs football in this country, unless you have significant investment from a sportswashing oil state or an american holding company. The fact that we achieved two fairytale successes in winning the league and fa cup and still face relegation so soon after only proves this. It's not about sporting merit, it's about constant investment.

The vast majority of the football in the top leagues in Europe is based around avoiding defeat instead of trying to win. This can only be blamed on protecting capital as the stakes are higher with exponential investment into the sport.

I long for the days of hoofball after going through the Puel and Rodgers eras, as well as years of watching tiresome so-called genius tactics masterminded by the turtleneck genius. The atmosphere always seemed to be more fun at the stadium when we were in the championship too. I'd never wish for us to be relegated, but the idea that the Premier League is the only valid form of football is part of the rot that has cheapened the sport.

I have a brother who is a West Brom supporter, he says he prefers it when they're in the Championship, proper football he says.

Please do go on…

Please do go on…
Yeah if it had been ‘naughty boys’ they yeah whatever. But ‘nasty ****s’?!

Spill the beans on the street BN

Word on the street is Harvey Barnes puts grass cuttings in his black bin, pass it on.

In terms of discipline, we had a weak manager in Ranieri but he inherited a self-governing group.

Shakespeare was piss weak too. Puel attempted to be strong but the players largely ignored him.

Rodgers is an interesting character. He ingratiated himself with the big characters and tried to show his tough side with the weaker ones. I reckon that's a key reason why he's lost them now. Eventually, it just comes across as false. Which, of course, it is.

I don't think he's had the authority over the squad since that incident with several of them in April last year (the lockdown party). He tried to be tough but only with some of those involved. He's lost many of them ever since.

When we do eventually replace him, a key characteristic of the new guy needs to be the ability to instill respect and discipline.

It's only going to get worse in the PL with Chelsea owner Boehly pushing for more of the overseas TV rights money for the top 6 clubs.
It doesn't go away the European super league it won't ever stop until it happens, the reality is until the top 5 and Tottenham which will now include Newcastle have the largest majority of the money and access to whatever players they want they won't be happy.
Foreign ownership has killed football.
Maybe if they all **** off and play themselves with no relegation the premier league that is left will be better and more like football of old.

It's only going to get worse in the PL with Chelsea owner Boehly pushing for more of the overseas TV rights money for the top 6 clubs.
It doesn't go away the European super league it won't ever stop until it happens, the reality is until the top 5 and Tottenham which will now include Newcastle have the largest majority of the money and access to whatever players they want they won't be happy.
Foreign ownership has killed football.
Maybe if they all **** off and play themselves with no relegation the premier league that is left will be better and more like football of old.
Yep, all those clubs with foreign owners can **** off. The likes of Chelsea, Newcastle, Leicester City.

If it’s so real in the EFL, why over the years have the likes of Derby, Rotherham, Sheff Wed, Luton, Reading, Bournemouth, Leeds been docked points for financial shenanigans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757