Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
However bad Barnes was last night, Wilf was twice as bad, he should have been replaced at half time.

I think he believes he will never be dropped by BR and is possibly in his comfort zone?
To an extent its true, who else can play there ?
Though that can be said about a lot of the team, it's a disgrace that Leicester have become like this over a number of years.

To an extent its true, who else can play there ?
Though that can be said about a lot of the team, it's a disgrace that Leicester have become like this over a number of years.
352 the only real solution given our lack of wingers. Something like (given our long term injuries and no new signings).

Ward

Faes
Amartey
Castagne

Albrighton
Thomas

Tielemans
Soumare/Ndidi
KDH/Maddison/Perez

2 of Nacho/Daka/Vardy

352 the only real solution given our lack of wingers. Something like (given our long term injuries and no new signings).

Ward

Faes
Amartey
Castagne

Albrighton
Thomas

Tielemans
Soumare/Ndidi
KDH/Maddison/Perez

2 of Nacho/Daka/Vardy

Agree on that formation. Faes has spent most of his career in a three and it would allow a guest appearance from one of the two seasoned international central defenders that appear to not be trusted in a two. It also provides insurance against the Amartey brain fart.

Thomas cannot defend either. He's okay going forward but doesn't understand basic marking. I'm terrified every time he's isolated one on one. Albrighton hasn't got the legs for wing back though.

And we know that Iheanacho is very effective in a two up front. Why we're not using him in this way is bewildering.

Playing Devil's Advocate maybe rather than knowing whether I fully believe this myself... but I'd say there's an argument in support of Barnes that his poor form & lack of progression could also be down to how shit the rest of the team has been, as well as being over-used and under-challenged due to our lack of any alternative.

It's amazing to think that it was only really a few months ago he was still being talked about as an outsider for England, whereas now he just seems like a very average, lower Prem winger.

But I think finding an alternative to him isn't and shouldn't be high on our priorities list - add more attacking threat on the right and better support for him from a decent left back and you'd probably see a different Harvey Barnes again - I hope!

Barnes has no one snapping at his heels. Outside our starting XI we have almost no one now threatening the places for a vast swathe of our positions.
This appears to be largely due to utterly shit recruitment of players that don't really have a 'best' position.

Perez anyone?

The more you look at the squad combined with our now clear inability to pay for players of an appropriate level, the more it looks like we're now just a lower mid table club

Barnes is certainly in shocking form - at the worst possible time too.
Barnes, like virtually all our players, is a ‘confidence’ player. With Barnes it’s a big thing.
When we’re winning, he’s a different player. Unfortunately, we’re crap at the moment. He’s very crap. Downward spiral.

We really need a manager to inspire a losing, deflated team - not easy.

Barnes, like virtually all our players, is a ‘confidence’ player. With Barnes it’s a big thing.
When we’re winning, he’s a different player. Unfortunately, we’re crap at the moment. He’s very crap. Downward spiral.

We really need a manager to inspire a losing, deflated team - not easy.

This is my take on it too. There was a chance in the second half where he cut inside to find a pass instead of having a shot.....a few months ago that'd have been a shot and most likely a goal.

When Barnes was out injured for a while, wasn’t that when Vards n Nacho played together and had a great scoring record between them ?
So dropping Barnes can be done

Yes. If I recall correctly, Vardy was more or less playing the Barnes role, rather well.

Leicester City have held preliminary talks about signing Danish left-back Victor Kristiansen from FC Copenhagen, who might accept an initial fee of about £5-8m for the 20-year-old. (Telegraph)

Leicester City have held preliminary talks about signing Danish left-back Victor Kristiansen from FC Copenhagen, who might accept an initial fee of about £5-8m for the 20-year-old. (Telegraph)

Scoop.

What is new is that a Danish jounalist reckons that we're not talking to Copenhagen and, if we did, the asking price would be much higher than quoted.

It's (indirectly) from Percy though so who knows?

But thats all we every where according to our manager.
As i've said many times, he's coached them worse.

Too many individual playes are shadows of their former selves.

Scoop.

What is new is that a Danish jounalist reckons that we're not talking to Copenhagen and, if we did, the asking price would be much higher than quoted.

It's (indirectly) from Percy though so who knows?

Rob Tanner said it's a player we're interested in, but one of several and the move is not advanced yet - seems to align more with what the Danish journo is saying in that case.

We’ll be scratching around the loan market for some dross come the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263