Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded winter 2022/23 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm getting ahead of myself... BUT...

If we finish this month having signed Tete, Souttar and Navas (who I assume would be a loan), plus Kristiansen already in, then we'd have addressed all the key positions we should've sorted in the summer.

They were the blatant gaps. The rest of them really comes down to form... There would be some hope for the rest of the season?
Navas aside, they'd also be all be young up-and-comers who we'd hope to sell on for more further down the line too. Let's not get ahead of ourselves, but that would be a perfect window really.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself... BUT...

If we finish this month having signed Tete, Souttar and Navas (who I assume would be a loan), plus Kristiansen already in, then we'd have addressed all the key positions we should've sorted in the summer.

They were the blatant gaps. The rest of them really comes down to form... There would be some hope for the rest of the season?
Being honest, do you see that happening? We haven't really addressed positions of need properly for the last couple of years, so why would it start now?

Being honest, do you see that happening? We haven't really addressed positions of need properly for the last couple of years, so why would it start now?

True and completely fair.

But it sounds like we're making more progress with deals or at least pursuing them this time.

Yes, could all just be rumours, or pursuits that lead nowhere. But I think we'll get at least 1 more in. I think us spending £20m on a left back shows they're serious about trying to strengthen in this window.

But my point was more hypothetical for now in saying if those deals DO happen, we're in a much stronger place - at least you can see a strategy to our recruitment from those strongly/reliably linked to us so far.

I believe there is some accountancy/ FFP trick now possible with contract lengths - from what I've heard, that's why Chelsea are handing out 7 to 8 year contracts to their new signings.

Just listened to the RL podcast for the first time in a while. Unfortunately it did get me enthusiastic about Tete but in reality I’m fairly sure the deal won’t happen or he will be another in our line of failed wingers.

But the deal sounds a nightmare. On loan at Lyon who will want a fee for releasing him early. Although I was amused by Marty Piper declaring it should be easy and comparing it to his loan experience when at City 20odd years ago. This minutes after the expert described how complicated it was and might involve an appeal to CAS by Shaktar….

We’ll be more than a minute or two late getting the paperwork done on this one.

Oh and Danny Ings injured for three weeks after a knock on debut. Would have been ideal.

Just listened to the RL podcast for the first time in a while. Unfortunately it did get me enthusiastic about Tete but in reality I’m fairly sure the deal won’t happen or he will be another in our line of failed wingers.

But the deal sounds a nightmare. On loan at Lyon who will want a fee for releasing him early. Although I was amused by Marty Piper declaring it should be easy and comparing it to his loan experience when at City 20odd years ago. This minutes after the expert described how complicated it was and might involve an appeal to CAS by Shaktar….

We’ll be more than a minute or two late getting the paperwork done on this one.

I've seen rumours this evening that we've agreed fees with both Shakhtar and Lyon now.

Another name linked too - Jack Harrison from Leeds

Oh and Danny Ings injured for three weeks after a knock on debut. Would have been ideal.
Wow! So injuries happen to other clubs too? I'm shocked.

If the reported fee of £35m is true I think Id be inclined to avoid. I don't think he stands out even in a pretty shit Leeds team. By all accounts Tete is better, younger and would cost less. Much better alternative.

If the reported fee of £35m is true I think Id be inclined to avoid. I don't think he stands out even in a pretty shit Leeds team. By all accounts Tete is better, younger and would cost less. Much better alternative.
I agree.

But of course if we don't sign him he'll score one & set up two when we play them I suppose.

Get both. This way, if one is ruined by Rodgers we have another!

Anyone who thinks we are spending £35m on a single player needs their heads looking at.

Not long left in the window now.

Quite a bit of speculation but not a lot of movement. One in, none out.

Anyone else getting a bit twitchy?

Yes, Foxes Talk. Had a quick look in there and regretted immediatly.

This is all going to end up with a last minute dash to find a couple of second string loan options, isn't it? A bit like a load of blokes wandering around a supermarket on Christmas Eve buying perfume and chocolates for their partners.

:icon confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861