The "If you could turn the clock back" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
stand out poor decisions on a board-room level:

1.) beg MON to stay on
2.) Do NOT move to this god-forsaken new stadium.
3.) Do NOT appoint Peter Taylor
4.) Do NOT appoint Craig Levein
5.) Do NOT interfere with the manager's job, and in relation to that we could probably have had "Do NOT sack Martin Allen"
6.) Do NOT appoint Ian Holloway
7.) Do NOT keep Ian Holloway on in the hope he can turn this around...

stand out poor decisions on a board-room level:

1.) beg MON to stay on
2.) Do NOT move to this god-forsaken new stadium.
3.) Do NOT appoint Peter Taylor
4.) Do NOT appoint Craig Levein
5.) Do NOT interfere with the manager's job, and in relation to that we could probably have had "Do NOT sack Martin Allen"
6.) Do NOT appoint Ian Holloway
7.) Do NOT keep Ian Holloway on in the hope he can turn this around...

keep Hollowbrains and you will be in div 2:icon_lol:

I would have put ashley chambers on ten minutes earlier.

Master stroke just ten minutes too late.

I'd settle for McCauley's header going in, instead of hitting the post.

I'm not a greedy man!

What change would you have made if YOU were manager obviously based on any financial constraints?
If I were Ian Holloway, I wouldn't even attend the interview because I'd be safe in the knowledge that at that moment in time I was the only person that knew I was a cnut.

What change would you have made if YOU were manager obviously based on any financial constraints?

I think we might have had a look around to see if we could pick up someone from a smaller club - say a manager with international experience; probably a former manager of Sunderland AFC - someone who is never likely to be successful at the top level, but who would have had the nouse to keep us out of the Third Division.

I thought it was on the edge. So outside. Haven't seen in on replay yet so don't know if it was inside or not,(whether he dived or not doesn't matter, plenty have dived against us and gotten penalties!)

Mike Dean has givcen us a few penalties in the past, two against Wolves in the promotion season if I remember right....one which might've been a bit harsh*

*dive!!!

i would have nobbled Paddy McCathey in the 90th min against Charlton before he got his goal....big turning point of the season.....the 2 points which we so badly needed

I know we're all down on them at the moment, but that's just ridiculous. Liam Lawrence won that competition.

he dived too yes, even more blatantly, but I felt Stearman's was a dive - and yes you can't blame the lad for doing so...

To be fair if anyone deserved a penalty, I felt they had two or three good shouts turned down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263