The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Would be great to keep him, but not on the contract he is reported to be on at the moment…

Whilst we should certainly try and keep him if we do go up, we most certainly cannot continue to pay his current wage - he would only get £100k+ per week if he goes abroad.

If we do go up, I believe it will be July 1st we are no longer bound by the EFL sanctions etc although I expect this to get extremely messy over the summer with possible PL punishments from 22/23 season to apply. Plus even if the EFL cannot apply any punishment to us from this season if we are in the PL, we could still get caught out by PSR rules in the PL for next season due to the way it currently works with the 3 Yr rolling losses. We will have a year in the EFL included in that where the allowed losses are lower, which is the same way Notts Forest got caught out this year.

And then there is the curve ball of what sounds like almost certain rule changes over the summer, which could then question how enforceable are the old rules and any associated punishments.

If we have to match his salary for 1-2 seasons but pay it over longer for the books.

According to this, he's on £140k a week.

He's going to have a limited role next year, probably in a similar way that Kevin Phillips did for us many years ago (incidentally, I think KP coached JV and it's been said it was very helpful to his game).

So what's that worth? £20-30k a week in the modern game?

According to this, he's on £140k a week.

He's going to have a limited role next year, probably in a similar way that Kevin Phillips did for us many years ago (incidentally, I think KP coached JV and it's been said it was very helpful to his game).

So what's that worth? £20-30k a week in the modern game?
What is the value of signing someone who guarantees you close to 20 goals per season?

£30 million as a starter, then even if we get lucky a salary of £50k per week.

5 year contract equates to £8.4 million per season, JV could cost us £4.8 million for a season (@£100k per week).

Pure maths suggests JV.

We aren't signing a 20 goal a season striker regardless of what we do with Vards

Nobody is looking up the right avenues as per usual. Zero joined up thinking from the Leicester faithful again; obsessed with cramming oblong pegs into hexagonal tunnels.

The Birch is more or less gone. Vardy, given a microphone and a captive set of away fans, is the natural successor.

Has everyone forgotten how Vardy looked last time he played PL football?

Two years on and suddenly he's going to regress back to his best.
I remember how the team looked. I also remember how ****ing badly he was used and treated. It's also worth noting how many times he played with the square root of **** all talent behind or at the side of him.

Other than that though, another barnstorming attempt to tell us he's 'finished'.

Has everyone forgotten how Vardy looked last time he played PL football?

Two years on and suddenly he's going to regress back to his best.

I remember how you told us he was completely finished, that he would be shit in the championship, that it was now tragic to see what kind of player he had turned into, and that he shouldn’t play any more

I remember how you told us he was completely finished, that he would be shit in the championship, that it was now tragic to see what kind of player he had turned into, and that he shouldn’t play any more
Don’t come on here getting bogged down with yer facts.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463