The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Jesus

That thread looks as if it's from some weird parallel universe. Reading it now & trying to reconcile it with how far we walked the league by that season, not to mention what followed, it's truly mind ****ing.

Still...Whitbread & St. Ledger? **** me you can excuse a bit of depression there can't you? I'd actually forgotten that Whitbread ever existed !!

Serves as a nice reminder though of what it's been like following this club for 90% of the time !

We all look like a bunch of blissful innocents in that thread. Completely unprepared for the unimaginable insanity that was about to descend on us. It's a thing of ****ing beauty if you ask me :thumbs up:

I can honestly say, hand on heart that I have never heard of Whitbread.

I can honestly say, hand on heart that I have never heard of had forgotten all about Whitbread.

Memory plays tricks on us all.

Feks me off when the misses asks me, when I'm looking for something, 'where is the last place you saw it'. Well obviously I've ****ing looked there. In fact, that's where I started looking. It's what happened after that that's the question.

I can honestly say, hand on heart that I have never heard of Whitbread.
Lanky, blond, American. Played for Millwall against us in League One before he came to us. Lanky streak of piss and played like one. Played about 10 or 15 games before pissing off to the Shaggers. They deserved each other. Thank the Lord!

Memory plays tricks on us all.

Feks me off when the misses asks me, when I'm looking for something, 'where is the last place you saw it'. Well obviously I've ****ing looked there. In fact, that's where I started looking. It's what happened after that that's the question.
What happened after that was the missus moved it. It's all part of the attrition women use to make us think we're losing our mind!

Lanky, blond, American. Played for Millwall against us in League One before he came to us. Lanky streak of piss and played like one. Played about 10 or 15 games before pissing off to the Shaggers. They deserved each other. Thank the Lord!
I’m right in thinking he also went to Norwich at some point, no?

I can remember virtually all players names that played for us even going back further than my lifetime, but still don’t recall his name.!

I’m right in thinking he also went to Norwich at some point, no?
He did. He went from Millwall to Norwich and then to us. He started at Liverpool as a very young kid but only played for them in the League Cup and possibly a European game. Finished up at Shrewsbury IIRC. I don't think anybody has mentioned his first name. Possibly the only Zak to play for City.
The main question in mind now is why I remember so much of insignificance when camberwell has managed to erase it?

Odd thing is that I remember him exactly because he was a Zak. I remember nothing much else though. Ditto David Oldfield, I only remember the name (possibly because of Mike Oldfield). I have no recollection of him actually playing for us. Dave that is. Actually, truth told, nor Mike for that matter.

Some things you don't want to remember. Like that day back in school when... nah, another time perhaps.

Odd thing is that I remember him exactly because he was a Zak. I remember nothing much else though. Ditto David Oldfield, I only remember the name (possibly because of Mike Oldfield). I have no recollection of him actually playing for us. Dave that is. Actually, truth told, nor Mike for that matter.

Some things you don't want to remember. Like that day back in school when... nah, another time perhaps.
Oldfield was much more of a fixture for us than was Whitbread.

Reminds me of the old Jade and Navy shirt that I saw one of our fans wearing at Luton some time after Oldfield had left us. Originally had OLDFIELD on it, but the FIELD has been roughly hacked off and replaced with the word SHIRT

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363