The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

"pendants" *snigger*

;)

Edit: to be clear, I'm no spelling Nazi. I can't afford to be. I personally don't give a monkey's, so long as I understand what's being said then job done as far as I'm concerned. By way of contrast, there's some very well spelt gibberish about.

Err, whoosh, I'm afraid

He is the best striker we have ever had as far as I am concerned. Exceptional finisher, brilliant with and without the ball and an expert at getting under the skin of opposition fans and players alike. If England are to have any chance of making even the slightest impact in the forthcoming World Cup then he must be the number 9. Of course he won't be, Kane and Rashford are a better fit for the fashion parade.

There are still some fans who don't realise what a diamond in the rough we have in him though. I can only conclude that they are idiots.

I’d like to think, in the absence of a direct alternative that comes even close to half as good, that Vardy will get the nod this summer, but he doesn’t play for one of the ‘big’ clubs or Tottenham so who knows.

I’d like to think, in the absence of a direct alternative that comes even close to half as good, that Vardy will get the nod this summer, but he doesn’t play for one of the ‘big’ clubs or Tottenham so who knows.

He's not broken into advertising yet. Get him in a few blue wkd adverts and he's on the plane.

If England are to have any chance of making even the slightest impact in the forthcoming World Cup then he must be the number 9. Of course he won't be, Kane and Rashford are a better fit for the fashion parade.
Possibly, but by the time Kane, Rashord and the rest of the England team have been subject to VK muscle rub, Sarin deodorants, Ricin pies and modest amounts of carbon monoxide pumped into their Russian dressing room at half time, we'll be glad he stayed at home - ready to be next season's top Premier league scorer

I watched the Spurs game today, according to NBCSN the world is about to end. Lord Kane was injured in it.

When he first came I thought he was crap and an idiot but as time has gone by I got to think he is not only a great player but actually someone to admire and respect as a person.

Jamie Vardy scored his 84th goal for the club today. He's now jointly into the top ten list of all time City scorers.

I agree.
Frankie Wortho may have had an even better first touch but did not have Vardy's running. Perhaps his extracurricular activities left him needing a good nights sleep.
Lineker may have been even better in front of goal but like Frankie did not contribute as much to the team as Vardy.

It is worth pointing out that in his first season with us Vardy was poor which is an argument for giving new players time. .
Am I right in thinking but did he not want to quit and Pearson had to persuade him to stick at it?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854