The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

I think Vardy's best goal technically is the one against West Brom a season or two ago, where he caught it first time on his weaker foot having been lofted over his head from behind. You won't see Messi or Ronaldo hit a better or more difficult volley... that's the goal that screams world class.
I think that’s his best goal, too. I was at that game, but it was at the far end. We thought it was a phenomenal goal, but had to watch it back later to make sure it was as good as we thought.

Our hero out on the piss with the man who tried to put the club out of business (Dennis Wise). A moral conundrum if ever there was one. I wonder if Vardy is even aware of his buddies role in our not too distant past?

Feck knows what Mike Ashley is doing there too:

Just to bump this back up really. He's a new man since Rodgers arrived, and it's hardly a surprise.

He's really quite a good player.

Today he went ahead of Lineker in our all time goal scoring list.

The legend continues.

Another 15 goal PL season.

And to think people felt he was partly to blame for our lack of progress under Puel.

Why would you ever think not to take advantage of your biggest asset.

Our hero out on the piss with the man who tried to put the club out of business (Dennis Wise). A moral conundrum if ever there was one. I wonder if Vardy is even aware of his buddies role in our not too distant past?

Feck knows what Mike Ashley is doing there too:

View attachment 14707
Universal karma. The universe gave us Vardy to make up for Wise. All things balance in the fullness of time.

Was just coming on to post this. Incredible star really.

I will be gutted the day he stops playing for us. Hopefully got another couple of years in him yet.

I often wonder whether he will be able to keep going longer because he started at the top level later or whether that will be a hindrance because he had years of not looking after himself in the same way Prem players generally do.

He didn't play his first league game until the age of 25 and Premier League game until the age of 27.

2012/13 - Championship - 5 goals in 29 appearances
2013/14 - Championship - 16 goals in 41 appearances
2014/15 - Premier League - 5 goals in 37 appearances
2015/16 - Premier League - 28 goals in 48 appearances (includes 4 goals for England in 10 games)
2016/17 - Premier League - 18 goals in 53 appearances (includes 2 goals for England in 5 games)
2017/18 - Premier League - 24 goals in 52 appearances (includes 1 goal for England in 10 games)
2018/19 - Premier League - 15 goals in 31 appearances (as of 6th April)

Totals - 111 goals, 104 for Leicester, 7 for England in 291 games.

His record since the start of the 2015/16 season for Leicester is 78 goals in 159 appearances.

Two more goals this season will see him averaging 20 a season for us over the last 4 seasons. Five more goals this season will see him achieve 20 goals in a season for the third time in four seasons.

The man continues to be an astonishingly valuable asset. No other team outside the top six has anyone remotely as effective.

The man continues to be an astonishingly valuable asset. No other team outside the top six has anyone remotely as effective.
Yet we didn’t play to his strengths for a while calendar year. What a waste.

Yet we didn’t play to his strengths for a while calendar year. What a waste.

No, no, no - it was he that didn’t adapt to the fantastic new style of play we were transitioning too, the stupid useless dinosaur

Far better to leave him out and have him coming on as an impact sub to support the genius of the manager

Seriously, people actually believed that o_O

No, no, no - it was he that didn’t adapt to the fantastic new style of play we were transitioning too, the stupid useless dinosaur

Far better to leave him out and have him coming on as an impact sub to support the genius of the manager

Seriously, people actually believed that o_O

But Gray could be just as good if given the chance in the position. Somebody said that didn't they? Can't remember his name...

Today he went ahead of Lineker in our all time goal scoring list.

The legend continues.

Also joint leading top scorer at the John Smith's this season. Steve Mounié and Harry Cane share the honour.

Legend indeed!

Last edited:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757