The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Didn’t know the fact about him potentially being the oldest golden boot since 1948.

However I’m also fairly certain Vards didn’t start the next 45 games after the Man U 5-3 did he? Given he didn’t score for months surely he was dropped at some stage during that season.

Didn’t know the fact about him potentially being the oldest golden boot since 1948.

However I’m also fairly certain Vards didn’t start the next 45 games after the Man U 5-3 did he? Given he didn’t score for months surely he was dropped at some stage during that season.
Correct. He started the next... two.

A very odd choice
Especially when you think of players like David Ginola, Paul McGrath, Les Ferdinand, Trevor Sinclair who have missed out. Gascoigne is another although it depends how you measure it. Great player but his time in the PL wasn't his greatest.

Especially when you think of players like David Ginola, Paul McGrath, Les Ferdinand, Trevor Sinclair who have missed out. Gascoigne is another although it depends how you measure it. Great player but his time in the PL wasn't his greatest.
Ah. I see. Tottenham have been added into a 'Big Six'. That's a joke in itself! That rules out Ginola, Gascoigne and Ferdinand. Mind you, I'm a twat for not reading it properly.

Ah. I see. Tottenham have been added into a 'Big Six'. That's a joke in itself! That rules out Ginola, Gascoigne and Ferdinand. Mind you, I'm a twat for not reading it properly.
I firmly believe it is a good thing to understand who and what you are.

This seems like a strange thing to measure. Gary Speed and David Batty, both of whom won the title and played in Europe for Leeds, are named, while anyone who has played for mid-table at best Tottenham is automatically disqualified from inclusion.

Best player - Done
Best Manager - Done
Best player outside the Big 6, even though the Big 6 didn't exist when some of them were playing - Scraping the barrel now

It would be Steve Harper because Alan Shearer can remember his name.
Also, I don't think Conrad was ever relegated from the Premier League and we all know that's the only league that's worth doing these things about.

Also, I don't think Conrad was ever relegated from the Premier League and we all know that's the only league that's worth doing these things about.
That’s right.

Who do we reckon are the best players to be relegated? Ravanelli with ‘Boro, for me.

They had some ridiculous players around that time. Post Ravanelli, I remember them giving us a right seeing to at Filbo when Taylor was the manager. Christian Kerembeu had a fight with Andy Impey and flicked the Vs at him and Alen Boksic lobbed Flowers from 30 yards, with Flowers on his line.

*Simon Royce

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756