The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

The feckin media at the moment.....every ****ing week it's a different team in the debate over title credentials. ****ing villa, Everton, Spurs, us. We're now 7 ****ing games in.

Still reckon it'll be Leeds to win this season.

The feckin media at the moment.....every ****ing week it's a different team in the debate over title credentials. ****ing villa, Everton, Spurs, us. We're now 7 ****ing games in.

Still reckon it'll be Leeds to win this season.
It’s true though, anyone can win it this year. Ajax, Grimthorpe City, the Bushwhackers. Tottenham.

Sky Sports PL (402) ... 100 club with JV at 5:30 pm today.

For all the other plaudits and thousands of words I’ve read about Vardy, the commentator in the Braga game just came up with a stat I’d never thought of before - he’s won three out of the top five leagues in English football.

Not as good as Andy King’s record, obviously.

Once again, tonight, our living legend pulled something out of the bag. We are all witnessing something we will wax lyrically about in our old age. A player that turned a corner for LCFC and we will long to see the likes of again. How lucky are we to have seen this player live, for us. He is tomorrow's Banks, Shilton, Lineaker, Weller...

10 goals in 10 appearances this season. That was his 139th goal for City.

He is now 17 goals short of Ernie Hine who is third in the all time City scorers list. It is looking increasingly likely that only Chandler and Rowley will remain ahead of him when his career with us is done.

And Rowley scored his last goal for us before Maradona was born so it's more than 60 years since the club had a striker this good.

Vardy - to Maddison - to Albrighton - to Vardyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Brilliant again - and for a fraction of the price of a new stand, we could have "Vardy - The Next Generation" as according to Forbes it would ony cost about $1.7m to clone a human being - LCFC should invest in a Vardy Mk II now!

Just a shame there were no angry piggies there to react to it!

There will be plenty around here, most of the Close are Blades, although the Wednesday lot will be smiling no doubt.
Luckily I will have my Jacket on when I'm out now.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854