The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

100%

There are only 4 possible outcomes for us post Vardy:

1) We replace him like for like.

2) We adapt our playing style to accomodate a good but not so prolific striker & spread the goals around the team/squad.

3) We regress notably

4) We regress disastrously

1 is clearly nigh on ****ing impossible, 3 & 4 are catastrophes (with 4 being the most predictably Leicester thing to happen)

So we need to do everything in our power to ensure that it's 2.

Fingers crossed.

I think it will be 2. It's so last year to have a traditional no 9.

Actually, I'm not joking. Puel tried to be ahead of (our) time when he deemphasised Vardy (thinking he had to change our way of playing toute suite) but that didn't go to well. But once Vardy hangs up his boots, I reckon we'll not attempt a like for like replacement.

Barnes and Maddison have 12 and 10 goals respectively this season. Just thought I'd mention it.
Beat me to it. As Vardy has 15 (I think), we now have 3 players wading in the thick end of 40 goals.

If this continues we should hit 50-60 goals between them.

This seems to be the answer.

Vardy has a goal/assist every 94 mins this season. Barnes has a goal/assist every 164 mins. Maddison every 131 mins.

Between the three of them, we have 27 goals and 13 assists. One goal/assist from one of them every 125 mins.

For comparison, Mane/Firminio/Salah have 30 goals and 11 assists so one more than us in total. But it's one every 137 mins as they have played more minutes.

100%

There are only 4 possible outcomes for us post Vardy:

1) We replace him like for like.

2) We adapt our playing style to accomodate a good but not so prolific striker & spread the goals around the team/squad.

3) We regress notably

4) We regress disastrously

1 is clearly nigh on ****ing impossible, 3 & 4 are catastrophes (with 4 being the most predictably Leicester thing to happen)

So we need to do everything in our power to ensure that it's 2.

Fingers crossed.
I have to agree with that. Someone like firminho who will get up there and assist the wingers as well as chipping in a few goals himself. I can't really think of anyone who would be a good fit for such a role though.

Giroud if he wasn't about as old as Vardy would be good. I could see us going after Ivan Toney though

Both of those would work. But very different players. Might be easier to find the target man Giroud type but we haven't played with one since Ulloa. Can't see Rodgers wanting to go that route. We've got 12 to 18 months of Vardy left probably...who knows, by then maybe Firminho himself might actually be an option. Stranger things have happened.

Yes the danger is we do as England cricket did and try and find the new “Botham”. One-offs are one-offs for a reason.

A Giroud type I think would be Brendan's preference, can hold the ball up but its a Carroll like target man and is a good finisher

Love this post on the Liverpool site:

"One last thing, a please forgive the language because I'm in the foulest of moods...... that scruffy fooking Steptoe lookalike, wannabe gangster, fooking yard dog has been of a twat Vardie, playing air guitar with the corner flag....... absolute helmet."

Long may it continue.

How is he playing air guitar if he’s using a prop? Dumb scouse ****

Sorry Skitzo, according to Air Guitar World Championships, props are allowed:

Screenshot_20210214-234937.png

Still though, don't let that distract you from an epic melt of a post - that lot are almost making the Trumptards look a little bit sane.

Sorry Skitzo, according to Air Guitar World Championships, props are allowed:

View attachment 15817

Still though, don't let that distract you from an epic melt of a post - that lot are almost making the Trumptards look a little bit sane.
pfft bunch of charlatans, call me a purist but and Air Guitar must be just that...

Love this post on the Liverpool site:

"One last thing, a please forgive the language because I'm in the foulest of moods...... that scruffy fooking Steptoe lookalike, wannabe gangster, fooking yard dog has been of a twat Vardie, playing air guitar with the corner flag....... absolute helmet."

Long may it continue.
Was this written by the duke of anfield? I never thought I'd hear something so snobby about a football player.

The irony of it coming from someone from Liverpool (if that's where he's from) is quite amusing.
Typed out on a stolen phone from the front room of his smack dealer's house before going home to finger his sister while wanking into his piss stained trackies.

& can't even spell 'Vardy'

Feral ****.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757