The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

Running a football team in another country and being in the documentary.

I bet he'll be flying over there at every opportunity he gets.

I feel after the 2nd half of last season it's clear he needs less distractions to operate at an acceptable level, not more.
You think the club will be allowing him to jet around the world, during the season, while Covid cases are still high? How's the documentary about his rise to glory going? He's hardly going to be running the team either, he's a minority investor.

My guess is that Mr. Vardy couldn't give a shit about this.

My guess is that Mrs. Vardy thinks it will be her ticket to stateside fame and fortune now she's humiliated herself and had to retreat from the UK WAG scene.
I'd assume there's a link with Fuchs as well, probably making him aware of the opportunity.

My guess is that Mr. Vardy couldn't give a shit about this.

My guess is that Mrs. Vardy thinks it will be her ticket to stateside fame and fortune now she's humiliated herself and had to retreat from the UK WAG scene.
My thoughts exactly. First thing that crossed my mind after reading the tweet.

& to think that a decade ago C4 turned down my script for ' Celebrity Gobshite '

Idiots.

We'd both have made a fortune.

Premier League 100 club with JV on Sky Sports at 9 am today.

Premier League 100 club with JV on Sky Sports at 9 am today.
It's available anytime on Sky. Watched it on Sky Go the other day while on the treadmill, which made it go quite a lot faster surprisingly.

Do we think his legs have gone?

We'll only know when we see him sprint. From what I've seen in pre-season so far, he's playing within himself. Just like he did through much of last season.

Vardy at full pelt is a different player entirely. I hope he's still capable of this. If he's not, then we have to accept that the greatest striker we've ever had is finally on the decline.

He looks to me like he's afraid of going full on. He fears his groin will ping and he might actually be under instruction not to push it too hard because the club know that the problem isn't fixable.

Needs to find his shooting boots again though.

I'm sure I heard his stats were the best ever this pre season.

That was said.

But who knows what tests they were. Could be his VO2 stats showing his overall fitness etc rather than his ability to sprint for example.

I hope to God he's not finished yet.

I suspect he will play significantly less games this season though - can't imagine him playing in Cup or Europa League games before April for example.

I think this is the season he eventually transitions to impact sub. Would still be an enormous asset in that role.
I agree. For me, he is still a very important member of the squad but he is no longer an integral part of the starting 11.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854