The Jamie Vardy appreciation thread

On stats _ according to Garth Crooks:
Did you know? ...Only Harry Kane (108) and Mohamed Salah (106) have more goals in the competition than Vardy since his first game in January 2017.

( think GC means MS's first appearance in PL in 2017)
Erm. What? Salah’s first PL appearance was in February 2014 for Chelsea. Kane’s was in August 2012. Vardy’s was August 2014. Who in the world is he talking about?

Ah, okay. Missing sentence:
Vardy has equalled Ian Wright's record of scoring 93 Premier League goals aged 30 or older.
Vardy turned 30 in January 2017. Crooks seems to have got a bit confused.

Crooks seems to have got a bit confused.

Assuming he actually writes the "Did you know" bits of his BBC column.

The Premier League website says this:

"Jamie Vardy's two goals against Watford equalled Ian Wright’s record of scoring 93 goals in the Premier League after turning 30. Since his first outing aged 30 in January 2017, only Harry Kane (108) and Mohamed Salah (106) have more PL goals than Vardy"

The Premier League website says this:

"Jamie Vardy's two goals against Watford equalled Ian Wright’s record of scoring 93 goals in the Premier League after turning 30. Since his first outing aged 30 in January 2017, only Harry Kane (108) and Mohamed Salah (106) have more PL goals than Vardy"
Makes much more sense. Some BBC dimwit has edited it so it’s less accurate. Happened to a letter I wrote to some shit newspaper years ago.

One more and Vardy overtakes JF Hasslebaink in the all-time PL scorer list. That'll take him on to 128 PL goals. 151 for top 10 to overtake Michael Owen, though he's already a Premier League and English football legend. This guy is incredible. Our best-ever player.

One more and Vardy overtakes JF Hasslebaink in the all-time PL scorer list. That'll take him on to 128 PL goals. 151 for top 10 to overtake Michael Owen, though he's already a Premier League and English football legend. This guy is incredible. Our best-ever player.
If he takes Owen’s spot at number 10, that would be absolutely delicious.

Agreed. Imagine being pipped by someone who isn't even a natural finisher!
Opinions never one of Michael's strengths. Left Liverpool for Real to have a shot at winning the Champion's League.

Oh dear.

Still amuses me.

Planet football stated that:
The Egyptian (Mo Salah) has been in irresistibly good form for Liverpool this season and, with his goal against Newcastle has now equalled another Premier League record. He has now scored or assisted at least one goal in every one of his last 15 Premier League outings, equalling the mark set by Jamie Vardy.

As Salah neither scored nor assisted in the match against Spurs today - I believe our Vardy thus remains the joint PL record holder for consecutive goals+ assists as well as the record for scoring in 11 PL consecutive matches.

Turns 35 today.

We saw a spell of the old magic at the start of the season but it's getting rarer over the last couple of years.

The end is nigh for him as a top level striker now. The next 16 months will be the final chance to witness him in the flesh playing for us. I doubt he'll be involved in half the games over that time so we need to cherish the times that he is on the pitch.

Supporters will be talking about him for decades. I hope to be able to bore my grandkids with stories about him. Just don't take his remaining games for granted.

He's been a star for this club and will rightly get the legend status. I am sure when and if we start to build statues around the ground he will in the top 3 that people are asking for.

I think we actually seem to have a good plan in place to cope without him as well in Barnes, Daka and Iheanacho (if he gets back into favour somehow). Long term I can see Barnes moving into that role.

Assuming Daka is fit he will have a good few weeks to make his mark now. Probably more than Brendan planned for.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363