The journey’s start

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOX Franks

In light of the recent phenomenal achievement, it got me thinking about whether I’d ever have expect that after my first game watching a terrible 0-0 with Cardiff with Hume hitting the bar. I’m interested to hear everyone’s first ever game they went to. Why did it grab you?
And, like me, was it a totally bollocks game for the neutral?

I was 10 and we we're playing Derby in that play off final. My initial interest was sparked by the semi final in which i believe Speedie won against Tranmere.
Anyway i remember the build up to the game and hearing that a Leicester fan had an actual Rams head at the final.
We however were going to Melton market as a family. Right near thr entrance a TV with the game on, i sat down with 2 other kids and watched as we beat Derby. The 2 other kids were Derby fans.
My first live game was Liverpool at home the following season on boxing day.
Lost 2-1 the ****s. Thompson missed a pen but put the rebound from the post in, it was also when i learnt the penalty taker couldn't touch the ball again before another player.

1-0 home win against pre Busby Babes Man U. I was 8 and assumed this made us top of the world. Until we got relegated a few weeks later. But I was hooked any way

First home game after England won the World Cup we beat West Ham 5-4 with four of the winning team playing

1-0 home win against pre Busby Babes Man U. I was 8 and assumed this made us top of the world. Until we got relegated a few weeks later. But I was hooked any way
Slightly later, a first visit to Filbo at Easter 1963 to see LCFC beat Manchester United 4-3 and go to the top of the table. I assumed this was nothing out of the ordinary, though it did take another 53 years for me to be proved right.

The period that comes together for me is when Walsh moved up front to partner Joachim in the 92/93 season. I had gone to the odd game prior though.

The first time football broke me was the Swindon final.

0-0 with Villa in 2000, 8 years old. It stank of fags and the PA system was deafeningly loud. I don’t think I enjoyed it but I do remember being glad that I had something I could share with my dad after my folks got divorced.

Similar to Jeff for me

Early seventies match when I was six or seven. Haven’t a blind clue who we played, what the competition was or what the score was, but I do know that we scored at least one goal and that we won

I remember we sat in the double decker, and I remember watching a genius player dancing down the wing who I thought was just bloody brilliant. Dad told me his name was Lenny Glover.

0-0 with Villa in 2000, 8 years old. It stank of fags and the PA system was deafeningly loud. I don’t think I enjoyed it but I do remember being glad that I had something I could share with my dad after my folks got divorced.

Maybe your own son will say the same one day.

Anyway, good luck with the wedding.

Maybe your own son will say the same one day.

Anyway, good luck with the wedding.
Thanks hun, let’s hope I hold on to some of my looks for long enough to remarry.

There’s a proud family tradition of keeping emotional and often physical distance.

First match in attendance in England was Palace away in the 3rd round of the FA Cup January -84. Lost 0-1 and Lineker missed more chances than in the rest of his whole career in total. What made me a Leicester supporter though was watching the -69 Cup Final on TV over here. So the FA Cup has a special meaning for me too.

First attended game was v Cov in 1999 I think as my ma was back to working full time so could afford the petrol money to go to games. Prior to that I mainly supported armchairs. Still a big fan of armchairs now. The season i went to the most games was probably the year we got relegated from the championship. Fun times.

My first game I believe was also the debut of one Gary Lineker.

12 years old in 1969 home against Liverpool. Lost 1-2 Peter rodrigues scored for us. Sat in the main stand.

Couple of years before that, I'd moved to a new school in Rugby and the kid I sat next to was a city fan. So I decided to support Leicester myself. Can't remember who the kid was but hope he's celebrating as much as I am!!

First attended game was v Cov in 1999 I think as my ma was back to working full time so could afford the petrol money to go to games. Prior to that I mainly supported armchairs. Still a big fan of armchairs now. The season i went to the most games was probably the year we got relegated from the championship. Fun times.

Pretty mad looking back now....woken up by my maw in the morning one August day to tell me to get ready as we were off in the car to buy a season ticket and a day out. Ended up getting stuck on the motorway and arriving at the ground as the ticket office was closing. The bloke we spoke to said we should come back on the Monday, my maw said we'd just phone it in as we'd travelled that far and gave us a full tour of Filbo, dressing rooms, got to sit and try out available seats...then got the season ticket cards sorted.

Saw them live for the first time in 1968, 0-1 away win at Fulham, Mike Stringfellow got the goal. My big memory was of three fairly new signings combining, Len Glover took the ball down the wing and was tackled, the ball ran loose and left back Willie Bell picked it, got past the defender and crossed for Frank Large. His header bought out a terrific save from Tony Macedo the Fulham keeper. Glover had to go off after that tackle and I think he was out injured for a while.

Now ask me how old I was when I had to go to Houghton Rangers training and matches every bastard week.

Any slight breeze in Lutterworth meant hurricane winds in Houghton.

My first game was at home to Millwall... we won 1 - 0. In the late 80s... I remember my friends and I were chased by the away fans until we got to the ground and mingled with the city fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363