The Problem is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplehaze

Surely the major problem is the fact that we have a squad of players who know that they are not going to be part of Leicester's future.

All the older members know that they are going to be out at the end of this season whether we go up, go down or stay where we are. It must be like being told you are being made redundant in a few months time. No matter how much pride you have in your work you become totally de-motivated and just go through the motions for the rest of the time at that workplace.

City just need to stay up this season, but the rebuilding must start now by bringing in good prospects from the lower divisions. Once we have enough points to stay up, pitch in the youngsters and get them used to first team football. If we reach the play offs all well and good but it won't be a disaster if we don't.

I think you'll find that the problem is that we have strikers who can not score, midfielders that don't battle (apart from Nalis) and defenders who can not defend.....sort this out and we'll be ok.....easy!!!!

Purplehaze said:
Surely the major problem is the fact that we have a squad of players who know that they are not going to be part of Leicester's future.

All the older members know that they are going to be out at the end of this season whether we go up, go down or stay where we are. It must be like being told you are being made redundant in a few months time. No matter how much pride you have in your work you become totally de-motivated and just go through the motions for the rest of the time at that workplace.

City just need to stay up this season, but the rebuilding must start now by bringing in good prospects from the lower divisions. Once we have enough points to stay up, pitch in the youngsters and get them used to first team football. If we reach the play offs all well and good but it won't be a disaster if we don't.

Of course - but forget about the play offs -this side doesn't have either the will or the ability to beat enough decent sides to get near the play offs. Survival is what is needed and then take it from there.

I wouldn't say that Alex......we are absolutely shite.Now looked on as the Leagues 'Soft Touches',spineless,gutless,clueless and any other 'less' you would like to add.I dread every match because I have this totally ridicoulus idea/hope that we might win and/or play well and they let me down EVERY time.

Agree totally with Purplehaze, the majority of the squad could not care less because as soon as Micky left and Craig took over they knew they were history.

What we need is the board to be brave and back the new manager in allowing him to ship a few out, even if a couple leave on free's this would at least allow CL to freshen the squad up and also start building for next season. There is a hell of a lot of demotivated deadwood around at the moment and it needs rid of now.

I would like to see the board back Levein by allowing the following players to leave:

Scowcroft - 250k surely Palace or Norwich would bite our hands off at that price - think of the wages saved.

Benjamin - 50 to 100k, Hull would probably fancy him at that price.

Dabizas - 250k again I would imagine there would be a few teams keen to snap him up at that price.

Blake and Makin - Free's and if not we might get 30 quid each for scrap value at the local dump !

get behind the players for a fecking change

not only are the players a complete load of sh!te, but i would have to say that 90% of the fans are sh!ter than the players. OK fair enough we are playing awfull and there is no morale in the whole squad, but if the fans carry on booing like they did against rotherham then the players are just going to want to leave. There is no need to boo the team after half an hour cus we aren't doing very well as this will just demoralise the players even more, why not instead of all of all you so called leicester fans booing, chant for the team and get behind them. Fair enough they deserved to be booed off at the end of the match but at least give them some suport whilst they are playing instead of confirming what they already know!! WE ARE PANTS

Re: get behind the players for a fecking change

matt_c0nn0lly said:
but if the fans carry on booing like they did against rotherham then the players are just going to want to leave.

Shame :roll:

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Scowcroft - 250k surely Palace or Norwich would bite our hands off at that price - think of the wages saved.

I doubt those clubs could match his wages. And if we sold him before the end of his contract he'd probably be due to receive a loyalty bonus. So we'd probably have to pay him the bonus, and a bit more to make up for the drop in wages until the end of the season. So I don't think it would give us as much money as you might think.
I also don't think we'd get £250k for him, with him being so close to the end of his contract we'd be lucky to get six figures for him. But I'd take any offer we get for him.

Benjamin - 50 to 100k, Hull would probably fancy him at that price.

We'd have the same loyalty payment, and high wages problem. A club like Hull wouldn't be able to match what he's on now, so we'd probably have to make up the difference if he leaves. So there wouldn't be much left for a new player.

There was talk of him going to Rotherham a few months ago, maybe now they've been taken oer they'll be able to afford him. Might be worth sending him out on loan if it would save us a bit of cash.

Dabizas - 250k again I would imagine there would be a few teams keen to snap him up at that price.

Really?
We paid nothing for him a year ago. What makes you think his value has increased since then?

Blake and Makin - Free's and if not we might get 30 quid each for scrap value at the local dump !

Even if we sent them to the knackers yard we'd still have to pay them to the end of their contracts, so it wouldn't save any money.

If we do raise a bit of money by selling / giving away players, it's still not going to give the manager a chance to change things much before the summer.
We might save a bit in wages that could go to a new player, but we wouldn't raise much to pay a transfer fee, and if we want to sign a decent young player, they'll cost a transfer fee (or compensation if they're out of contract).

The alternative might be to get a decent young player on loan from a Premiership club, but if we're trying to build a squad it would probably only be worthwhile if we could buy the player at the end of the season.

It will excite me when CL does start making moves on putting a frigging team back together, this lot at present are at times completely hopeless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00