The race for the Top 4

Assuming Man City and Man Utd are already locked in, who else will finish in the Top 4?

• Leicester

• West Ham

• Chelsea

• Liverpool

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to qualify for the Champions league because Chelsea got a points deduction.
Europa it is.

Full on clutching at straws whilst still waking up thought. Does anyone know when the hearing is for this - https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...elsea-points-deduction-leicester-city-5453067 ? Both teams had until 25th May to respond but I cant find anything in terms of update since then

Since Chelsea won last night, they are far less likely to be too bothered about getting a couple of points deducted and for them this could be a nice opportunity to wipe the slate clean without missing out on CL next season rather than have a threat still hanging over them. The FA could claim to be being seen to be tough on discipline and also not favouring the Super League clubs without actually badly hurting them - and they would probably quite like to have 5 teams in the CL next season too.

Almost certainly wishful thinking but it would be the ultimate final twist for the roller coaster we're on this season.
If it were to happen, surely this would be challenged legally by the club that we would replace in the CL? For that reason alone the PL will bottle any punishment.

If it were to happen, surely this would be challenged legally by the club that we would replace in the CL? For that reason alone the PL will bottle any punishment.

Exactly. It would be seen as a very dodgy move by anyone outside the Premier League.

No way that they'd do that.

Is it for the PL to hand out punishment though? Is it the PL rules that have been broken? In fact, whose rules have been broken? UEFA's?

As morally, ethically or whatever-else-ally we all rightly think of the 'big 6' actions, there might not be a great that can actually be done about it (without lawyers having a field day) Did anything actually happen to breach PL or UEFA regs? I certainly don't know.

I think we've seen all we're going to see. For now anyway.

Is it for the PL to hand out punishment though? Is it the PL rules that have been broken? In fact, whose rules have been broken? UEFA's?

As morally, ethically or whatever-else-ally we all rightly think of the 'big 6' actions, there might not be a great that can actually be done about it (without lawyers having a field day) Did anything actually happen to breach PL or UEFA regs? I certainly don't know.

I think we've seen all we're going to see. For now anyway.

Someone didn't click the link ;)

The article was about a possible a Chelsea points deduction for failing to control their players on multiple occasions.

Next season's top 6

Chelsea
Man United
Liverpool
Leicester City
Manchester City
Arsenal
Next seasons top 4

Man City
Man Utd
Liverpool
Chelsea

I don't want to qualify for the Champions league because Chelsea got a points deduction.
Europa it is.
I will happily see us take the money :icon lol:

...but also, the season is over. If they apply any deduction it’ll be to next seasons tally I would think.

I will happily see us take the money :icon lol:

...but also, the season is over. If they apply any deduction it’ll be to next seasons tally I would think.
Would not now be easier to dock Chelski points seeing as they have won the champs league and qualify as of right?

Would not now be easier to dock Chelski points seeing as they have won the champs league and qualify as of right?
I think the point of it is that a points deduction is a punishment. It wouldn’t be a punishment if it was easy and had no impact.

IMHO all the clubs above us should be deducted at least 20 points or DQ’d from the PL this season for the scabs they are.

So anyone holding out for that deduction of points for Chelsea... they have fined us both. Case closed.

Yes. A whopping £22.5k FFS
Laughable really. It’s transparent now for all to see. Not just this incident where a club is repeatedly warned, and then threatened with a points deduction, only for nothing of consequence to happen, but generally there is a precedent. That precedent is that if you are a certain type of club and you go as far as all out mutiny there is no punishment of consequence for you. They will have a weeks pocket money. It doesn’t matter that you threatened the fabric of the game. Mistakes happen.

If you are a club like Luton Town, your demise doesn’t matter. Maximum sanction possible and hurry along to your destination even if that destination is oblivion. I say with no doubt that any other club that tried on what the ‘big 5’ and Spurs had tried in the premier league this season probably would have been relegated from the extent of the sanction that would’ve followed.

Slap on the wrist and don’t rock the boat. It’s hard to give out punishment with a dick up your arse I suppose.

So anyone holding out for that deduction of points for Chelsea... they have fined us both. Case closed.

What about when they boot the remaining ESL clubs out of the champions league? Would make sense to award the country with 2 finalists this year. Just 2 of the places obvs.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263