The Reborn Foreign Football Thread

you still let him in the building then go through proper disciplinary channels
Why? They could suspend pending investigation and send him away. There is no reason that a disciplinary process could not take place without him entering the premises.

Why? They could suspend pending investigation and send him away. There is no reason that a disciplinary process could not take place without him entering the premises.
suspend someone for wearing the wrong clothing? he'd have even more cause to sue

suspend someone for wearing the wrong clothing? he'd have even more cause to sue
I don't for one moment think that the problem is as straightforward as you seem to believe. I'm addressing only the point of him being denied access to the premises; I believe that an employer has the right to do that if circumstances dictate.

Did anyone watch the Copa Libertadores final last night? The football itself was pretty turgid, but the amount they care about it (with all the fighting and cards that come with it) make it an exciting watch. One of the managers got sent off for trying to waste time, after which the other team immediately scored the winner at 90+8. Lovely stuff

We need a dirty midfielder, don’t we? Here is one:

If anyone fancies watching a match with some fans the club world cup final is on BBC. Still, a 5 minute pause after the first goal to look at the dinky little screen and incorrectly rule it out for offside. Such is modern football.

No idea if this should go here or not but....

Lovely interview with Gainluigi Buffon

But I remember how I was, and I know how I am now. I need to have my own experiences. I need to mess up. If a person never messes up, and never pays the price for it, in my opinion they will never really understand. It's important to get things wrong in life

Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdulaziz bin Andul Rahman Al Saud

Not a name that rolls of the tongue (unless you're Gene Simmonds), owner of Sheffield United, has just finalised the purchase of my local (French) club. They're bottom of league 2 and nailed on for relegation. D'ya reckon I could get a game?

Last edited:
I don't know know what the price per letter is but it would probably work out cheaper to buy the club.

I've watched them a few times (La Berrichonne de Châteauroux) and it really is kickabout stuff. The frites weren't any good either. Much rather have one of the Charlton pasties.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854