The RIP Thread

Or this quote from him.

"The problem with Nottingham Forest is you can't do much as fart in the City Ground without someone sticking their head round the door to tell you how they'd won the European Cup"
He was right, that has been a bit of a weight around their necks in some ways (not that the fans would have it any other way, and rightly so) - I wonder if a few years down the line a 21st centure Joe Kinnear will say the same about our club's greatest achievement?

OJ Simpson

The thing I remember (or don't remember correctly) is that the night that he was acquitted live on TV, I was on my way to Prenton Park to watch us beat Tranmere.

The thing I remember (or don't remember correctly) is that the night that he was acquitted live on TV, I was on my way to Prenton Park to watch us beat Tranmere.
At the same time I was on my way to Turf Moor to see us watch us beat Burnley 2-0, so you probably don't remember correctly.
We had just been diverted off the M6 at J16 when the verdict came through and in my amazement I lost concentration, missed an alternative route sign (those little yellow circles, triangles, etc) and I have a distinct feeling that we went around in circles for a little while.
I do remember that we did a little celebrating after the game and we didn't leave Burnley until after midnight. **** knows what time I got back to the Kent coast after dropping people off in London.

Last edited:
At the same time I was on my way to Turf Moor to see us watch us beat Burnley 2-0, so you probably don't remember correctly.
Ahhh, That seems more likely than the Tranmere game.
Another dark night in another dark Northern town.

We had just been diverted off the M6 at J16 when the verdict came through and in my amazement I lost concentration, missed an alternative route sign (those little yellow circles, triangles, etc) and I have a distinct feeling that we went around in circles for a little while.
I do remember that we did a little celebrating after the game and we didn't leave Burnley until after midnight. **** knows what time I got back to the Kent coast after dropping people off in London.
League Cup second round second leg. Knocked out in the next round.

You took a wrong turning in your barge?

Two-legged ties back then. First leg 0-0 away, lost the home leg.
The Burnley game was certainly two-legged but I'm fairly sure the Bolton one (3rd round) wasn't.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463