The RIP Thread

give_us_a_wave

My favourite band growing up, sad news indeed
My interest in music was kick started by the jukebox in the transport cafe my old man ran. My first childhood job was helping out washing up on saturday mornings, graduated to cooking breakfasts when I got a bit older.
Certain songs always remind me of those happy innocent days whenever I hear them. Broken Down Angel has always been one of them as I remember humming along in the kitchen. To this day every time I hear it I get a craving for a bacon sarnie.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Certain songs always remind me of those happy innocent days whenever I hear them.

My most important role in my first proper job was to collect the bacon sandwiches from the nearby greasy spoon and distribute them around the offices. The ever-on cafe radio always seemed to be playing 'Silence in Golden' by the Tremeloes as they were prepared. Fifty-odd years later I still salivate every time I hear the opening bars of the track.

Blaarev

My most important role in my first proper job was to collect the bacon sandwiches from the nearby greasy spoon and distribute them around the offices. The ever-on cafe radio always seemed to be playing 'Silence in Golden' by the Tremeloes as they were prepared. Fifty-odd years later I still salivate every time I hear the opening bars of the track.
Pavlov’s Boc

Orifice

Wilco Johnson. :(

Thanks Wilco.

Zorro

First group I saw down the Il Rondo on Friday Blues night. Christine's bluesy vocals were just perfect.
I was probably there that night. 10 shillings, if I remember correctly. I was having a pint at the bar at the back and Stan Webb was wandering around (long guitar lead) and came and joined me for a pint, and continued playing.

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Arsenal1950
2Manchester City2045
3Newcastle Utd2039
4Manchester Utd2039
5Tottenham 2136
6Brighton1931
7Fulham2131
8Brentford2030
9Liverpool1929
10Chelsea2029