The RIP Thread

You've had more than enough already you lazy shyster. Covid's been an extended holiday and it's about time people stopped with the doom mongering and pulled finger.

I'm sorry but I should clearly get an extra day off.

According to the media I should barely be able to function at the minute.

Thank **** for football and the Masters this Weekend.

Ah yes, we are living in the era of the snowflake (and I honestly never thought I'd use that word, except with heavy irony) But I'm not actually being that flippant. You've got to be so ****ing careful not to spell someone's name incorrectly, for fear of being culturally insensitive, and, in all honesty, there are times when it pisses me off just a wee bit.

RIP Phil... your sometimes woefully anachronistic sense of humour spoke volumes of your own background and upbringing.

Last edited:
Ah yes, we are living in the era of the snowflake (and I honestly never thought I'd use that word, except with heavy irony) But I'm not actually being that flippant. You've got to be so ****ing careful not to spell sometimes name incorrectly, for fear of being culturally insensitive, and, in all honesty, there are times when it pisses me off just a wee bit.

RIP Phil... with you're sometimes woefully anachronistic sense of humour that spoke volumes of your own background and upbringing.
It’s “your”.

Ah yes, we are living in the era of the snowflake (and I honestly never thought I'd use that word, except with heavy irony) But I'm not actually being that flippant. You've got to be so ****ing careful not to spell someone's name incorrectly, for fear of being culturally insensitive, and, in all honesty, there are times when it pisses me off just a wee bit.
Whenever you start feeling like this (we all do it) go back out into the modern world and off social media / news, and remind yourself that in real life, absolutely nobody does this wank.

People with weirdly spelt names know they spelt weirdly and are used to having to correct people.
People do not correct others about their pronouns anywhere but Twatter.

The day they do is the day that it's time to leave.

Hello folks, I don't know if some you knew or remember Janx from FT? His son has posted on FT to if anybody knew him or had any stories. It'd be nice if some of you would pop in there and reminisce.

Paul Mariner, after a short battle with brain cancer. Used to enjoy watching him. Real flair player. Only 68.

Gerd Müller, der Bomber, aged 75. Apparently been suffering from Alzheimer's for the past six years.

Last edited:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756