• Shane Warne

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Murali

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

England have been totally undone by Murali today which makes me wonder who is the greatest spin bowler. Both Murali and Shane Warne have taken over 600 test wickets. No doubt that Warne is probaly the better batsman, but purely on bowling who would you go for:102:

Shane Warne every time. I don't think Muralitharan is anywhere near as good a bowler. However he played bloody brillians today.

Warne for me. Would murali really take as many wickets if he had a decent bowler to help him take some of them?

Imo i'd prefer to watch Warne bowl, but i also think that Murali has caused us more problems (2 ten wicket hauls in 3 tests).

Warney. Murali is great, but his figures are massaged by easy tests against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe and the lack of other people taking wickets for SL. Warne has had to compete with McGrath and Gillespie for wickets!

Warne is great to watch and almost won the Ashes for the Aussies singlehandledly through sheer force of personality. He has also come through 1 or 2 career-threatening injuries and got better every time.

I went for Murali. I think he is the better bowler as he has more variation and can really bamboozle a batsman. Warne only really has two variations and has been so succesful because of the intidimation and the persona of the guy eg. Cullinan.

Also, Surely having other decent bowlers in the side would help Warne? As it would build up pressure and make the batsman more liable to make a mistake against Warne. Murali doesn't have that support and so has to work harder for his wickets.

CM said:
Also, Surely having other decent bowlers in the side would help Warne? As it would build up pressure and make the batsman more liable to make a mistake against Warne. Murali doesn't have that support and so has to work harder for his wickets.

But in last year's Ashes Warne was their only decent bowler, and couldn't rely on pressure at the other end. As well as Brett Lee did, he still conceded around 4 an over.

Murali is a superb bowler, world class, but his figures are massaged by the fact that Sri Lanka are void of any other test class bowlers. Where as Warne, as others have stated has been playing in the same team as the likes of McGrath, Lee, Gillespie and McGill.

The opportunity for Murali to take wickets is far greater than Warne, Murali bowled virtually the whole test match from one end for Sri Lanka, therefore vastly increasing his chances to take wickets.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Murali is a superb bowler, world class, but his figures are massaged by the fact that Sri Lanka are void of any other test class bowlers . Where as Warne, as others have stated has been playing in the same team as the likes of McGrath, Lee, Gillespie and McGill.

The opportunity for Murali to take wickets is far greater than Warne, Murali bowled virtually the whole test match from one end for Sri Lanka, therefore vastly increasing his chances to take wickets.

Jayasuriya and Chaminder Vaas have taken 400 test wickets between them:102:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00