Nalis - yep
Scowcroft - yep
Stewart - spose so but i think he's shit
Brooker - nope
Canero - unproven
Morris - always injured and think he will be next season

Benjamin - wud not want to rely on him for a whole season
Wright - unproven, overhyped, ???

I can't believe that this is our present squad. At this rate we'd struggle to survive in the 1st. I don't want to depress everyone but unless micky gets some quality in I fear for us. I think we'll need a right and left back - presuming thatcher buggers off to portsmouth. 2 central midfielders and at least two strikers.

So next season we play 5-3-2...

Walker
Canero - Heath - Elliott - Dabizas - Stewart
Scowcroft - Nalis - Morris
Benjamin - Wright

:D Promoted by Christmas!

Seriously though, I'm not worried yet, I'll worry in a few weeks when we've seen who we've got in. I think we need a RB, a LB if Thatcher leaves, two strikers, a left winger (Micky says he sees Morris as a striker), and I'd say three central midfielders, one creative the other two defensive (Nalis surely can't play every game). That's 7-8 players.

I don't think a lot of our acadamy players will break into the squad, but I think a few will make cameos, and that will take pressure off the first-team regulars. Ones most likely to break through imo are Petrescu (striker), O'Grady (striker) and Porter (midfield), the others everyone raves about like Wesolowski, Dodds and Stearman will hopefully make a few cameos.

At the end of it I'm not sure where it'll land us, but I doubt we'll be 'struggling to survive' in Div 1.

Leigh said:
So next season we play 5-3-2...

Walker
Canero - Heath - Elliott - Dabizas - Stewart
Scowcroft - Nalis - Morris
Benjamin - Wright

:D Promoted by Christmas!

Seriously though, I'm not worried yet, I'll worry in a few weeks when we've seen who we've got in. I think we need a RB, a LB if Thatcher leaves, two strikers, a left winger (Micky says he sees Morris as a striker), and I'd say three central midfielders, one creative the other two defensive (Nalis surely can't play every game). That's 7-8 players.

I don't think a lot of our acadamy players will break into the squad, but I think a few will make cameos, and that will take pressure off the first-team regulars. Ones most likely to break through imo are Petrescu (striker), O'Grady (striker) and Porter (midfield), the others everyone raves about like Wesolowski, Dodds and Stearman will hopefully make a few cameos.

At the end of it I'm not sure where it'll land us, but I doubt we'll be 'struggling to survive' in Div 1.

If Thatcher does go, that would be the amount of players brought in.

Dave Basset has now said 2 midfield & 2 strikers.

Micky had previously said he sees Canero as a right back, so maybe more of a utility player may come in who can cover there

I think Jordys best role by far is left back! He actually really good there!

Stewart will play an important role for us on the left flank, maybe left back if Thatcher leaves. We all remember how good Stewart was in Division One. Hope he can perform like that again :D

Why are people constantly moaning about the current players in the squad, can you not remember us being in the same situation this time last year?

This time last year we only had 18 players under contract:

Walker, Sinclair, Izzet, Scowcroft, Stewart, Davidson, Jones, Benjamin, Heath, Ashton, Rogers, Impey, Lewis, Elliott, Wright, Petrescu, O'Grady, Williamson

Of those 18 players, 7 didn't play a single match for us last season, and only three were first choice players.

But by the time the season started we'd got virtually a whole new team.

So it's not worth worrying yet, it's still over two months until the season starts, there's plenty of time to get new players in.

webmaster said:
Why are people constantly moaning about the current players in the squad, can you not remember us being in the same situation this time last year?

Walker, Sinclair, Izzet, Scowcroft, Stewart, Davidson, Jones, Benjamin, Heath, Ashton, Rogers, Impey, Lewis, Elliott, Wright, Petrescu, O'Grady, Williamson

Of those 18 players, 7 didn't play a single match for us last season, and only three were first choice players.

So it's not worth worrying yet, it's still over two months until the season starts, there's plenty of time to get new players in.

great point. I am not worrying either. I realy think that MA can bring in some quality players. We have ages left until the start of next season. If we didnt havemuch time left, we wouldn't be calling it next season we wud call it "this season"

About the start of August is when ill look at the squad and start worrying or opposite

Its a bit of a Chelski question for me though. Can you bring in 10 or 11 first team players and get them to gel in time to win/ get premoited?

Im not so sure you can, I think the fact MA brought so many players lead to our downfall - some matches he was spoilt for choice and often made the wrong decions e.g playing 3 up front, or 4 strikers in the team!! Also the fact we had so many players and continually choped and changed the defnse didnt help!!

Fox Fan said:
Its a bit of a Chelski question for me though. Can you bring in 10 or 11 first team players and get them to gel in time to win/ get premoited?

Im not so sure you can, I think the fact MA brought so many players lead to our downfall - some matches he was spoilt for choice and often made the wrong decions e.g playing 3 up front, or 4 strikers in the team!! Also the fact we had so many players and continually choped and changed the defnse didnt help!!

Good point. :wink:

11 more signings IMO, that's 5 a month, exciting.

webmaster said:

All that, and its a bottom line that solvency is maintained -but its also essential to maintain a supporters base that pays to watch the team & I believe they have got the balance badly wrong and will lose more income from falling season ticket sales & low attendences than the false economies on effectively marketing our best players to other clubs at fire sale prices.

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
11 more signings IMO, that's 5 a month, exciting.

8 more signings IMO, that's 4 a month, pretty exciting

5 more signings IMO, that's 2.5 a month, midly exciting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757