The Talking Balls Book Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised so many of you can read................:biggrin:

Favourite Writer is Nick Hornby, anyone who mentioned Fever Pitch, there is no such storyline, its just about a bloke growing up with football and writing about footie game has he goes along. Nothing like the film.

I finished reading a Joy Division book on the making of Unknown Pleasures.

Now onto Passion Is A Fashion, a biography about The Clash.

never read one of his before but just reading a long way down, very good so far. if a little complicated in the way it is written.

I read About A Boy. it is much better than the film
Usually the case, I read The Bourne Identity and thought it was a superb book and was well excited when I heard it was coming to film.

Needless to say, it wasn't a patch on the book and never even captured an ounce of the atmosphere. There is another version from a million years ago featuring Richard Chamberlain which is significantly better

Is Faithless one of the Jeffrey Toliver & Sara Linton series?, Indelible is and I believe there is more

it is yes. i didn't realise there were more.

i swapped it with the hotel book shelf. the only one they had that i liked the sound of.

My fave is First Blood which is where the Rambo films came from. I have always liked the first film, but again it is not a patch on the book.

never read one of his before but just reading a long way down, very good so far. if a little complicated in the way it is written.

Probably my least favourite Hornby book, its alright but seems to be too many ideas. My fav is Fever Pitch followed by High Fidelty (a cracking film, although set in America instead of London)

Someone's review on Newsnight Review of Hornby after writing this book was he's a modern-day Dickens.

Melts, The Bourne books are completely different from the films. The films just use the character of the book and the storyline is completely different. They took liberties with the Identity and then make made changes to the Supermacy and well make even more with Ultimatium. The publishing company have carried on releasing Bourne books despite Ludlum now passed away.

Both film and book of Bourne are very good.

1903854482.02.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Reading up for Citys visit to Birmingham.

Melts, The Bourne books are completely different from the films. The films just use the character of the book and the storyline is completely different. They took liberties with the Identity and then make made changes to the Supermacy and well make even more with Ultimatium.

They did the same with Jurassic Park and the Lost world by Michael Chrichton, Jurassic Park they roughly followed the book, the loast world they just used the characters and made thier own. They then made a third film with no basis at all!!!

Reading up for Citys visit to Birmingham.

:icon_lol: No i have a bloke working here who was into all that stuff in the 70's and has "obtained" just about all the books on football violence.in truth i think he just looks at the pictures ;) when he is finished he gives them to me. i have no connection with it but like to read about when they "had it off" :icon_eek: with leicester purely because i can remember the incidents actually happening. i have
burnley,west ham,portsmouth,brum,everton,man utd and others if anyone wants a them FOC :102: :icon_lol:

:icon_lol: No i have a bloke working here who was into all that stuff in the 70's and has "obtained" just about all the books on football violence.in truth i think he just looks at the pictures ;) when he is finished he gives them to me. i have no connection with it but like to read about when they "had it off" :icon_eek: with leicester purely because i can remember the incidents actually happening. i have
burnley,west ham,portsmouth,brum,everton,man utd and others if anyone wants a them FOC :102: :icon_lol:

Feck Me, A hooligan's library.

Ones I always see on bookselves are Stoke, Middlesboro, Pompey, Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472