what team was better?

• new one for this season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagandeep

woznotwos said:
i think its all wage related and the need to cut the bill,im surprised elliots still with us to be honest!! its gonna be a hard season this year and consolidation should be our aim,a sneak into play off place would do me next season and finishing above forest and derby,lol :twisted:

this was citys team against watford (1st game at the walkers):>>>>>

Leicester: Walker, Sinclair, Taggart, Elliott ,Rogers, Summerbee, Izzet, Marshall, Scowcroft, Dickov, Deane

Subs : Flowers, Stevenson,stewart, benjamin, mckinlay

and this will probably be our side against west-ham:>>>>>>

Leicester: Walker, canero, heatch, dabizaz/elliot, stewart, (wilcox/morris), tiatto, williams or nalis, nalis/scowy, dublin, new striker/morris/wright.

subs: coyne, gillepspie, morris/wilcox, benjamin, makin?

lets compare the players for each position, the team that played mostly in the promotion seaon, and the team which is likely to play against west-ham.

gk) walker/walker-same player

dr) sinclair/canero-sinclair was good, but canero showed he is a match for him. i would say that their both the same with canero showing more potential then sinclair.

dc) taggart/heath-this is a tough one because taggart was solid, but nothing special in that season, heath has improved a lot, so i'd say both players are the same (cos taggs was never the same player since his injury)

dc) elliot/ dabizaz- any of thse could play for the first game, matty played the watford game, so both players are the same

dL) rogers/stewart- rogers was okay, stewart is good for this division, i'd say stewart wins but only just

MR) scowy / nalis or scowy- both of these players same are the same, summerbee is not included cos he was a super sub.

ml) stewart/wilcox or morris- these plays there is not much between them so i say it is another the same

mc) muzzy/ williams or nalis- nalis and williams will do okay or good in this division but muzzy was class. so the team is worse in this position.

mc) mckinlay/ tiatto- billy mac did a good job, but i say tiatto is a slihtly better player then billy. so tiatto wins

fc) deane/ dublin- deane did a good job, but dublin is a better player by far so dublin wins

fc) dickov/ new striker or morris or wright- dickov will beat these, but if we get connoly or shipperely or harewood it will be the same, but the new team is worse in this position.

hope you've liked this cos it shows we wer eperhaps actually stronger in terms of strenght in depth as we were in promotion season, with competition for places. hope this keeps ppl that say we will finish mid-table, or be fighting relegation quiet.

Think this seasons squad looks promising but we obviously still need afew additions. I know alot of people are dissapointed with the signings but with no money i don't think we can expect any better. i'd be more worried if micky was bringing in young unproven players from the lower leagues. its every fans fantasy to have a team full of young energetic players with bags of potential but im afraid its not reality. as for the squad, here it goes.

in goal we're not going to have any problems. walker is premier class and will be excellent.

Defence:
No problems at centre back for me. the full backs worry me a little. stewart is too inconsistent. canero is unproven. tiatto would 'do a job' but i expect he'll play on the wing. we may regret letting andy impey go.

Midfield:
Nalis - unproven. not sure he has adjusted to the pace of the game.
Williams - don't know. havent seen him play.
Wilcox - never rated him in the premier but i expect he will 'do a job' in the first division.
Tiatto - good signing. made for the first division. bags of effort, enthusiasm and abit of quality.
Gillespie - big season. he'll either be oustanding or more likely do bugger all.
Scowcroft - good first division player. will score his fair share of goals. it'll be predictable - on the end of walkers kicks for those flick ons.

dublin - signing of the season. im expecting 20 goals from dion.
benjamin - good to come off the bench. trevor is crap really but does a job in the first division. says alot about the division really.
wright - big season for him. still unproven. wouldnt want to rely on him.

hard to judge until we can see how quickly they settle into games and on field relationships.
if we expect a nothing season, we may get a nice surprise! :wink:

I love these ones.....brilliant....

Walker - World class, England's number one, no worries..
Elliot - He'll be ok...bit worried, but he'll be ok..
Heath - Will be superb this season, no doubt..
Canero & Stewart - Up to them, they are more than capable of being the best in the division IMO..
Dabizas - Great if he comes back...

Midfield

Nalis - I think could be fans' player of the season, he has quality and will not be as harried in this league; very important how he starts.
Williams - Looking forward to seeing him following all the hype, excited about him, but have never seen enough of him to know.
Tiatto - Great signing IMO, always impressed me in the past, he'll get a few red cards, but also chip in a few assists and goals. He's no Hignett.
Wilcox - Mmmm, unsure, could be a complete donkey, good crosser of the ball mind...
Gillespie - He owes us at least one performance....seems to do it for Northern Ireland..
Scowie - Gets stick, IMO a little unfairly at times, will score goals for fun in the fizzy-pop league and is a genius in the air...

Up front....
Dublin - Great signing, will be fantastic IMO
Morris - Again, not seen enough, ripped us apart once while playing for the sheep at Filbo...quick, young....could be great.
Wright & Petrescu - Time to blood them a bit MA, lets see them having it...
Connelly - IF we sign him will be a brilliant player for us in this league..
Benji - Will lump around and cause problems...on the bench for you son..

***** I know there are some left out, but all in all I think we're looking OK.....

alex said:
I love these ones.....brilliant....

Walker - World class, England's number one, no worries..
Elliot - He'll be ok...bit worried, but he'll be ok..
Heath - Will be superb this season, no doubt..
Canero & Stewart - Up to them, they are more than capable of being the best in the division IMO..
Dabizas - Great if he comes back...

Midfield

Nalis - I think could be fans' player of the season, he has quality and will not be as harried in this league; very important how he starts.
Williams - Looking forward to seeing him following all the hype, excited about him, but have never seen enough of him to know.
Tiatto - Great signing IMO, always impressed me in the past, he'll get a few red cards, but also chip in a few assists and goals. He's no Hignett.
Wilcox - Mmmm, unsure, could be a complete donkey, good crosser of the ball mind...
Gillespie - He owes us at least one performance....seems to do it for Northern Ireland..
Scowie - Gets stick, IMO a little unfairly at times, will score goals for fun in the fizzy-pop league and is a genius in the air...

Up front....
Dublin - Great signing, will be fantastic IMO
Morris - Again, not seen enough, ripped us apart once while playing for the sheep at Filbo...quick, young....could be great.
Wright & Petrescu - Time to blood them a bit MA, lets see them having it...
Connelly - IF we sign him will be a brilliant player for us in this league..
Benji - Will lump around and cause problems...on the bench for you son..

***** I know there are some left out, but all in all I think we're looking OK.....

I remain unconvinced by some of these players and we need more depth. It is a long old season in the fizzy. :wink:

Spot on Steven - I agree totally, I feel that as a starting line-up compared to vrs. Watford, it looks a lot healthier (minus Muzzy though...)

alex said:
Spot on Steven - I agree totally, I feel that as a starting line-up compared to vrs. Watford, it looks a lot healthier (minus Muzzy though...)

yeah thats where we might struggle, linking the midfield to the attack, muzzy was the best player in this league, i hope nalis and williams can replace him okay, but no one will be better then muzzy at this club.

nalis did well in the games when muzzy was injured, the bolton game and tottenham, it looked as if he had adjusted to the premier league, and as well as his superb passes, he was alos tackling.

nalis will be well good this season

Think we are weaker in defence and midfield but stronger up front.

alex said:
I don't think we will be much weaker in defence you know, I really don't.

and our midfield is better, if muzzy aint included. i think we should get someone like bellion, partridge on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757