They're talking about us

The grass is definitely greener on our side of the fence.

Wow, if true that’s some sobering reading. Whoever negotiated Iheanacho’s wages needs a good shoeing. Nothing he’s ever done justifies that.

Presumably the same person who negotiated to buy the useless fecker full stop.

Him and all of the other dross we've wasted all of our money on

Good player but wrong team/style of play for him.

Many of us said this when we signed him but most seemed quite excited to have signed one of the hottest prospects in the league and who had one of the best goals:shots ratio at the time.

Of course, its much easier with hindsight just to say he's shite.

Good player but wrong team/style of play for him.

Many of us said this when we signed him but most seemed quite excited to have signed one of the hottest prospects in the league and who had one of the best goals:shots ratio at the time.

Of course, its much easier with hindsight just to say he's shite.

Well it’s also easy to say that you think he’s good.

I think any striker would struggle to look good in this team on a regular basis but he doesn’t do himself any favours. I personally thought he was modern false 9/number 10 type player from what I’d read and was a pretty exciting signing. Seems more like he scored some tap ins for a very good side and can now only score if he has lots of space and time or against lower league opposition in the cup, which tells its own story.

He looks totally bereft of confidence, his subbing being cheered the other day won’t help and I don’t really like individuals being singled out for that kind of stick. When he plays on his own up front though it’s in place of the best striker the club have had since Lineker so he sticks out like a sore thumb. He doesn’t suit the team and I don’t think he’s the kind of player to overcome that and make it work. That’s just my feeling so feel free to have a moan about me speculating about that.

Well it’s also easy to say that you think he’s good.

I think any striker would struggle to look good in this team on a regular basis but he doesn’t do himself any favours. I personally thought he was modern false 9/number 10 type player from what I’d read and was a pretty exciting signing. Seems more like he scored some tap ins for a very good side and can now only score if he has lots of space and time or against lower league opposition in the cup, which tells its own story.

He looks totally bereft of confidence, his subbing being cheered the other day won’t help and I don’t really like individuals being singled out for that kind of stick. When he plays on his own up front though it’s in place of the best striker the club have had since Lineker so he sticks out like a sore thumb. He doesn’t suit the team and I don’t think he’s the kind of player to overcome that and make it work. That’s just my feeling so feel free to have a moan about me speculating about that.

Absolutely ****ing spot on.

He’s young, suspect there is a decent player in there somewhere...but he’s got a long way to go and this setup is incredibly hard for him.

Absolutely ****ing spot on.

He’s young, suspect there is a decent player in there somewhere...but he’s got a long way to go and this setup is incredibly hard for him.
He needs to go on loan and be the main man somewhere, even if we pay all his wages, I suspect a few prem sides would take him

Iheanacho is an old fashioned penalty box striker. He needs service and opportunities. His instinctive finishing is often very good.

As we only spend about two minutes of any game in the opposition penalty area and very little of that time is spent actually putting balls across the box or pulling back crosses, he has no service and no opportunity to shine.

Outside the box, he's a waste of time. If we had Lineker right now, he'd look no better than Iheanacho in this team. The football trend is against natural strikers. Very few appear to be flourishing any more.

The football trend is against natural strikers. Very few appear to be flourishing any more.

I think you are absolutely right. Many teams are not playing with strikers these days. Man City and Chelsea didn't last weekend.

Giroud rarely gets a game. Ditto Troy Deeney etc.

Those that do play, like Lukaku, are hardly setting the league alight.

Everton have their own £27 million Turkish version of Slimani and he doesn't play much because his goal return is poor.

Interesting stat just appeared on screen in the Man C v Everton match

Fewest second half goals conceded this season
Man C 4
Liverpool 5
Arsenal 7
Leicester 7

I just watched “Premier League’s Greatest Moments” on Sky. That last ten minutes always brings on my hay fever

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860
8Hull City3859
9Preston 3859
10Middlesbro3954