Premier League teams with more wins than losses this season
Liverpool
Tottenham
Manchester City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Manchester United
Leicester City

We're in some fairly decent company there. (That still doesn't excuse some of the awful football we've had to endure).

Are you suggeting that more than half of the teams in the league will win more than they lose?
No I suppose not on reflection but it does show that there is a definite gap between the top 6 and the rest. On the flip side you could actually still win more than you lost and be the wrong end of the table if the majority of your games were draws (ie win 3 lose 2, 33 draws = 42 points most likely somewhere between 13-16th). unlikely to happen of course.

No I suppose not on reflection but it does show that there is a definite gap between the top 6 and the rest. On the flip side you could actually still win more than you lost and be the wrong end of the table if the majority of your games were draws (ie win 3 lose 2, 33 draws = 42 points most likely somewhere between 13-16th). unlikely to happen of course.
I was being awkward, sorry.

Out of the World's top 20 clubs in this (last) year's money league, ranked in the Deloitte Report.

We're now tucked in 22nd alongside Soton and Crystal Palace.

Perhaps those who post along the lines of "We should be beating the likes of ...." might recalibrate a smidge.

Well we should go into those games of those we are roughly competing with (or above) with a mindset of 'we should be beating the likes of...'

Southampton and Crystal Palace certainly did when they last played us - which is probably why they beat us

Well we should go into those games of those we are roughly competing with (or above) with a mindset of 'we should be beating the likes of...'

Southampton and Crystal Palace certainly did when they last played us - which is probably why they beat us

No, we should approach any game with the mindset that in order to win, we need to be at our best.

It's when you go into games with expectations of 'we should be beating the likes of...' that complacency can kick in.

We have no divine right to be beating anyone.

No, we should approach any game with the mindset that in order to win, we need to be at our best.

It's when you go into games with expectations of 'we should be beating the likes of...' that complacency can kick in.

We have no divine right to be beating anyone.
100?

May I suggest that you break all of your posts down into painstaking detail in future, maybe with bullet points or something so that people certain people can’t infer anything whatsoever from them and miss the point.

May I suggest that you break all of your posts down into painstaking detail in future, maybe with bullet points or something so that people certain people can’t infer anything whatsoever from them and miss the point.
He still would.

Out of the World's top 20 clubs in this (last) year's money league, ranked in the Deloitte Report.

We're now tucked in 22nd alongside Soton and Crystal Palace.

Perhaps those who post along the lines of "We should be beating the likes of ...." might recalibrate a smidge.

That table is about revenue. It doesn't reflect the value (or ability) of the players at those clubs.

Based on the players we have, we should be beating the likes of Southampton and Crystal Palace. Revenue is irrelevant if we have a better team.

That table is about revenue. It doesn't reflect the value (or ability) of the players at those clubs.

Based on the players we have, we should be beating the likes of Southampton and Crystal Palace. Revenue is irrelevant if we have a better team.

Possibly. But if someone (probably not Deloitte) assembled an "ability" report, I'd expect us to be

(a) nowhere near as high as 22nd in such a table
(b) wherever we were, we'd be right amongst the likes of Southampton and Crystal Palace.

• Wibble
  • Dusty Bin
  • H from Steps
  • People found us out so we had to change
  • Transition
  • Fickle Boneheads
  • Wibble (again)

Didn't you lot all lay in to Puel for selecting a weakened team at Newport, despite the 11 selected being clearly good enough in that 'we should be beating the likes of' them.

Now not even 2 weeks after, you lot are now saying that is the attitude we should have??

You harp on about me missing the point but it is you lot that are spectacularly missing it in that there is no consistency to the Puel out reasoning.

One week we are too arrogant but now we should be more?

One week people say they don't mind us losing if they are entertained along the way, following week we lose in about the most entertaining game of the season and they don't want that anymore.

At least be consistent with your reasoning.

Didn't you lot all lay in to Puel for selecting a weakened team at Newport, despite the 11 selected being clearly good enough in that 'we should be beating the likes of' them.

Now not even 2 weeks after, you lot are now saying that is the attitude we should have??

You harp on about me missing the point but it is you lot that are spectacularly missing it in that there is no consistency to the Puel out reasoning.

One week we are too arrogant but now we should be more?

One week people say they don't mind us losing if they are entertained along the way, following week we lose in about the most entertaining game of the season and they don't want that anymore.

At least be consistent with your reasoning.

You are consistent, I'll give you that

No one is saying we should field a weakened team against Southampton. No one is saying we should expect to just turn up and win. But based on the players we have, we should be beating them.
Football obviously doesn't work like that, and there will always be shock results. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't expect to beat the teams we're better than.

We should be confident, but not complacent.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854