They're talking about us

OptaJoe‏ Verified account @OptaJoe 2 hours ago
More
No player in Europe’s top five leagues has created more goalscoring chances this season than Leicester City’s James Maddison. Rising.
D1YVR4BWwAI9fMk.jpg
Shit show pony etc etc

OptaJoe‏ Verified account @OptaJoe 2 hours ago
More
No player in Europe’s top five leagues has created more goalscoring chances this season than Leicester City’s James Maddison. Rising.
D1YVR4BWwAI9fMk.jpg

First of all, Maddison had a good game on Saturday. If he gets fitter, and improves his upper body strength, he has every chance of developing into a top player in a year or two.

However, please don't pay any attention to this sort of stat. It's meaningless nonsense just designed to promote Opta and other data companies do not rate Maddison as highly on similar measures.

50% of this particular stat is made up of his corner deliveries this season. That's right, according to Opta he has created 40 chances from corners that our players have largely failed to take. No, I can't remember them either. As he takes all our set pieces, his creative stats are just wildly overstated.

He is now playing in a system where he should be creating chances more frequently. The combination of him and Vardy promised much but hasn't really delivered this season. It could well be our 'go to' goal for the next few games now though.

Meh

One of these stories come around every six months or so

Usually a load of scaremongering cobblers

Meh

One of these stories come around every six months or so

Usually a load of scaremongering cobblers

True

But then again I remember when I was young there was talk of a "Super League" breaking away from the Football League every couple of years.

"Yawn" said every football fan in the country "Not this shite again. Never going to happen"

So you never know.

Anyway if they want to "streamline the competition" how about this:

Make it for champions ONLY. None of this getting in for finishing 4th,20 odd points off the top.

Do away with the league format & rename it to...oh, I don't know...the European Champions Cup or summat. If thats a bit of a mouthful you could just abbreviate it to the European Cup. I'm sure fans would anyway.

Then it truly would be the "elite" competition they're always telling us it is.

Plus then the Europa would be hot shit too & worth actually qualifying for & watching.

Can't believe nobody's thought of it before.

True

But then again I remember when I was young there was talk of a "Super League" breaking away from the Football League every couple of years.

"Yawn" said every football fan in the country "Not this shite again. Never going to happen"

So you never know.

Anyway if they want to "streamline the competition" how about this:

Make it for champions ONLY. None of this getting in for finishing 4th,20 odd points off the top.

Do away with the league format & rename it to...oh, I don't know...the European Champions Cup or summat. If thats a bit of a mouthful you could just abbreviate it to the European Cup. I'm sure fans would anyway.

Then it truly would be the "elite" competition they're always telling us it is.

Plus then the Europa would be hot shit too & worth actually qualifying for & watching.

Can't believe nobody's thought of it before.
Does this mean that Blackburn are coming as well, or is it literally JUST the champions of the previous season?

Anyone know much about the Foxes Of Leicester online newspaper?

Reports from the guy who runs the place of Chilwell to Man City being a done deal for other reasons apart from football.

Mr. Sethi who runs the website is an avid fan and they sponsor us and have a box. But his "inside reports" just seem made up.

He talks some crap and makes some ridiculous comments in some articles but sometimes it seems solely opinion-based rather than backed by any facts.

This is pretty critical of Iheanacho and would add fuel to those that do not appreciate his application.

I think there is a real talent in there somewhere but we can't wait around for him to show it forever. I was pleased to note Rodgers make it clear that he was a central striker and nothing else a week or two ago. He needs to take control of his career before it disappears on him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47669107

This is pretty critical of Iheanacho and would add fuel to those that do not appreciate his application.

I think there is a real talent in there somewhere but we can't wait around for him to show it forever. I was pleased to note Rodgers make it clear that he was a central striker and nothing else a week or two ago. He needs to take control of his career before it disappears on him.

Not focussed enough, is what I’m taking away from that.

"It's not good enough to be funny all the time,"

He's certainly been that.....hilariously shite.

Hopefully it’s done Rodgers job for him and will get Nacho focussed, he clearly has the talent to be our main striker

"There's a new coach at Leicester City (Brendan Rodgers) and it (his omission) will be an opportunity for Iheanacho to show during this international window that he wants to get back into the starting team of Leicester.

I hope Iheanacho will respond in a positive way. I'm convinced there's talent in there somewhere, but it needs application.

It saddens me that he doesn't really seem to grasp the chances he gets. There have been occasions where he really could have stepped up and showed that he cared. He didn't need to be technically brilliant but just put the effort in. He doesn't though. I've no idea why. It's baffling and infuriating in equal measure. It's like he doesn't really want to play.

I hope Iheanacho will respond in a positive way. I'm convinced there's talent in there somewhere, but it needs application.

It saddens me that he doesn't really seem to grasp the chances he gets. There have been occasions where he really could have stepped up and showed that he cared. He didn't need to be technically brilliant but just put the effort in. He doesn't though. I've no idea why. It's baffling and infuriating in equal measure. It's like he doesn't really want to play.
Yeah he’s not like that Hume bloke is he?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854