They're talking about us

This is as good a place as any to put this.

After months of moaning about Puel playing 2 holding players with Mendy and NDidi I’m now seeing a few people on social media that were moaning asking to see Hamza start with Wilf so back to 2 defensive midfielders and the genuinely don’t see the hypocrisy

This is as good a place as any to put this.

After months of moaning about Puel playing 2 holding players with Mendy and NDidi I’m now seeing a few people on social media that were moaning asking to see Hamza start with Wilf so back to 2 defensive midfielders and the genuinely don’t see the hypocrisy
Your post is selective. Horses for courses I believe is the saying.

Playing two holding midfielders (for instance) against Southampton at home is unwarranted but perhaps at Liverpool away?

Your post is selective. Horses for courses I believe is the saying.

Playing two holding midfielders (for instance) against Southampton at home is unwarranted but perhaps at Liverpool away?

In addition, when Rodgers played Choudhury in midfield, it wasn't alongside Ndidi. He was pushed further forward in a 'jack russell' role. He could not have been described as a holding midfielder then.

There was an enormous difference between how Rodgers set up his midfield and how Puel did.

Imagine thinking formation was the main objection to Puelball.
I never said it was but these were people who focussed on that, obviously against Man City or Liverpool you’d play but but against anyone else you don’t need both and it’s too negative and winds up with Maddison on the wing meaning we lose width

Why the bollock are you bringing up Puel again? Just consign it to the file marked 'shit I need to forget' along with the Superscout's list, Joe Fox's betting system and our smashing Office Depot shirts.

Why the bollock are you bringing up Puel again? Just consign it to the file marked 'shit I need to forget' along with the Superscout's list, Joe Fox's betting system and our smashing Office Depot shirts.
it was more about the idiots in our fan base that spent months saying if we only played 1 DM (most weeks) we'd be so much better suddenly saying they want 2 DMs again just because Hamza was playing the England U21s

Thought I'd share this interesting article I found on Quora

Described like an NFL playbook. I did not realise footballers generally had enough of a brain to understand positional play beyond 'lump it up to the big guy'!

Thought I'd share this interesting article I found on Quora

Very interesting but, in honesty, it might as well have been in Chinese for me. I got the gist (I think) but a lot of it was straight over my head. Football-tech jargon that I don't really understand.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854