They're talking about us

“one of the great tactical minds in the game.”

Funny.

I stick the boot in when it is appropriate, but there are a number of things that BR has done this season which are undeniably impressive.

Our squad wasn't good enough last season, only our first 11 was. So when we got injuries, we couldn't maintain our levels. He asked for five new players in the summer and got three and lost one. He didn't throw his toys out of the pram, he got on with it.

He now has approx. 14 players that are good enough to compete at the top end of the PL. He has shown so far this season that he has improved some of them - most notably Mendy - and he has reflected tactically on what he has and is being much more pragmatic.

He would never have done what he did at Man City last season. I like a manager that learns from his mistakes. He is managing an injury ravaged squad through an absurd fixture list very well so far. Almost two years into his reign and key players like Schmeichel and Vardy still hang on his every word.

He's now our longest serving top flight manager since MON. He has his flaws but he works on them. He has his limitations but that's why he's here and not somewhere better.

On the other hand, we are overpaying him and so he should be delivering for us. Anything less and he'd rightly be under pressure. He's got a very good deal here too.

To put it simply, we'll struggle to eventually replace him with someone as good and he'll struggle to find a better fit for his skills than us. His ego will probably overtake his good sense at some point and he will want another mega club - I can see him going abroad myself - but I don't think I've had as much faith in any City manager since MON.

I stick the boot in when it is appropriate, but there are a number of things that BR has done this season which are undeniably impressive.

Our squad wasn't good enough last season, only our first 11 was. So when we got injuries, we couldn't maintain our levels. He asked for five new players in the summer and got three and lost one. He didn't throw his toys out of the pram, he got on with it.

He now has approx. 14 players that are good enough to compete at the top end of the PL. He has shown so far this season that he has improved some of them - most notably Mendy - and he has reflected tactically on what he has and is being much more pragmatic.

He would never have done what he did at Man City last season. I like a manager that learns from his mistakes. He is managing an injury ravaged squad through an absurd fixture list very well so far. Almost two years into his reign and key players like Schmeichel and Vardy still hang on his every word.

He's now our longest serving top flight manager since MON. He has his flaws but he works on them. He has his limitations but that's why he's here and not somewhere better.

On the other hand, we are overpaying him and so he should be delivering for us. Anything less and he'd rightly be under pressure. He's got a very good deal here too.

To put it simply, we'll struggle to eventually replace him with someone as good and he'll struggle to find a better fit for his skills than us. His ego will probably overtake his good sense at some point and he will want another mega club - I can see him going abroad myself - but I don't think I've had as much faith in any City manager since MON
Who are the 14?

Schmeichel
Pereira
Soyuncu
Fofana
Evans
Castagne
Ndidi
Tielemans
Mendy
Maddison
Praet
Barnes
Vardy
Under

Leaving
Justin
Perez
Fuchs
Iheanacho
Morgan
Thomas
Albrighton
Choudhury

Who are the 14?

Schmeichel
Pereira
Soyuncu
Fofana
Evans
Castagne
Ndidi
Tielemans
Mendy
Maddison
Praet
Barnes
Vardy
Under

Leaving
Justin
Perez
Fuchs
Iheanacho
Morgan
Thomas
Albrighton
Choudhury
Where does Leaving play?

saw this in a gossip thread from The Times

Wes Morgan is being lined up by Leicester City to take on an executive role when he hangs up his boots at the end of the season.

Fun article but hardly in-depth. I suspect you’d have said many of the same reasons we wouldn’t “do a Leicester” about us in 2015.

This is very true though, we proved last season just how hard it is to keep going week after week

Ranieri’s side are rarely given the credit they deserve for so unflappably holding their nerve in that crucial period around 25-30 games when “Haha it could happen!” turned to “Hang on, is it actually going to happen?” That pressure shift is seismic and Leicester responded with four successive 1-0 wins.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854