They're talking about us

Listened to hear the nice things about Leicester but my god are they annoying
I only really listen to hear nice things when we’ve had a big win but as usual it’s just complete surface level knowledge when it comes to Leicester. On the other hand you get the same old tedious over analysis of characters like Mourinho.

I only really listen to hear nice things when we’ve had a big win but as usual it’s just complete surface level knowledge when it comes to Leicester. On the other hand you get the same old tedious over analysis of characters like Mourinho.
depends who they have in Rushden and Glendenning are always dumb as **** when it comes to us but they do get midlands based people on that actually know their stuff quite often

- Play really good counter attacking football
- Jamie Vardy fast fast fast
- Kasper Schmeichel famous Dad you know
- Maddison amazing amazing player
- Barnes young player
- Evans used to be at Manchester United
- Won the league 5 years ago
- "WhAt RoDgers HaS DoNe wITh tHat Club iS aMaZIng"

Does that about summarise it?

Listened to hear the nice things about Leicester but my god are they annoying
Listened this morning. The depth of their knowledge about not only Leicester but all clubs in the Premier League was pathetic. I'm not even sure what they're doing on that podcast, there's so little content to their discussion it's almost worthless. It's like they've opened up the Sunday papers, read the sports headlines and immediately gone on to record a podcast.

Listened this morning. The depth of their knowledge about not only Leicester but all clubs in the Premier League was pathetic. I'm not even sure what they're doing on that podcast, there's so little content to their discussion it's almost worthless. It's like they've opened up the Sunday papers, read the sports headlines and immediately gone on to record a podcast.

That is all you need to do these days.

Which is surprising as the amount of info available to people would suggest they should be upping their game.

I must admit, I'm sometimes taken aback at some of the nonsense commentators come out with when they're commentating on us. It's like they've not watched us in the last 3 years, nor have any idea of where we're at at the moment. They're commentating for people whose liking of football is based around water cooler conversations. I'd rather hear Savage talk about his nan.

(I assume it's the same for every team btw)

I must admit, I'm sometimes taken aback at some of the nonsense commentators come out with when they're commentating on us. It's like they've not watched us in the last 3 years, nor have any idea of where we're at at the moment. They're commentating for people whose liking of football is based around water cooler conversations. I'd rather hear Savage talk about his nan.
(I assume it's the same for every team btw)
Yes, it’s just dumbed down base level drivel.

To still label us as a counter attacking team is frankly pathetic, have they not seen is play the last 2 seasons?

I’m even more staggered that one of the better and more outspoken pundits (Keane, Souness) hasn’t commented and put this straight.

All good teams look to get the ball forward quickly but I’m sure pundits see a ball transitioning from just in front of the defender through midfield and on to a striker with half a dozen passes as this. Our third goal is a classic of this particular misconception.

It wasn’t counter attacking football it was excellent pressing followed by smart movement and passing in midfield followed by a great ball from Wilf allowing Barnes the space to run into.

It isn’t rocket science is it?

McManaman in particular was talking utter bollocks last week in regards to Vardy, basically saying he didn't understand why we weren't just hoofing it up for him to chase. We haven't played that way in what, 4 years? Vardy hasn't got the legs to chase absolutely everything now.
His game is different but still effective.

Article from Souness in the Sunday Times suggesting Maddison, Mount, Grealish and Foden should all be part of the Euros squad. Strangely Harvey is consistently absent from these discussions.

However he has the front to suggest Madders goes to ground to easily (fair), but doesn’t say the same about Grealish!

After having a moan about them the other week I thought I’d check in on the football weekly podcast for a laugh.

This week we got about 20 seconds towards the end of ‘erm they’re really good at buying players and errrr they’re good to watch and ummmm Gareth Southgate might pick Harvey Barnes.’

Talking about us doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're talking about....

No shortage of contenders to fill Maddison’s boots​

It is a testament to his coaching and the flexibility of the squad he has assembled at Leicester City, that the likely absence through injury of a player as influential as James Maddison ought not trouble Brendan Rodgers unduly before Arsenal’s visit on Sunday. Though potential stand-ins Dennis Praet and Ayoze Pérez are also sidelined, Rodgers still has no shortage of options. Youri Tielemans moved forward to take up the cudgels last week, the in-form Harvey Barnes would almost certainly revel in the role, while Turkish wide man Cengiz Under is another option

From https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...league-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

Or we could move Fuchs there, or Ndidi, or can we recall Slimani......

yes they are options but they are not Maddison replacements and wreck the balance of the team.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854