They're talking about us

Danny Murphy supposedly talking about us in the Leicester section.....

Danny Murphy: If anyone might surprise a few people it's Arsenal - they are not in Europe, and they have got some fantastic forward players. People forget that last season was the first in Aubameyang's career where he didn't score a bagful of goals, and nothing suggests to me that is going to continue. They have a tough start but their young players are going to keep getting better.
Can’t think of anything that might suggest are suddenly going to take offf.

Clear implication from that - it would be a surprise if Arsenal do well, and not a surprise if Leicester do well...

Mark Chapman pulled up one of the correspondents at the Manchester United game, when she used 'United'. He said it was to prevent the hundreds of calls they'd receive later. I thought good on him.
Later he said, 'Wayne Rooney's Derby County.' He's dead to me.

Mark Chapman pulled up one of the correspondents at the Manchester United game, when she used 'United'. He said it was to prevent the hundreds of calls they'd receive later. I thought good on him.
Later he said, 'Wayne Rooney's Derby County.' He's dead to me.
Not to me.

Wayne Rooney's Derby County is shorthand for 'that pile of shite'

In the same way as Frank Lampard's Chelsea was.

Synonyms for failure.

Ndidi and Nacho were on football focus at lunchtime

The Football Cliches podcast this week kicks off by calling Brendan out on his ludicrous statement that Carrow Road on a sunny 3pm kick off is always a tough place to go - and I completely agree with them!

The Football Cliches podcast this week kicks off by calling Brendan out on his ludicrous statement that Carrow Road on a sunny 3pm kick off is always a tough place to go - and I completely agree with them!
Going into Norfolk at any time in any weather is a penance.

It was a ridiculous, very specific comment. What if it was a midday kick-off? Much easier game.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463