They're talking about us

I can only speak personally. It'd set me up nicely.

I've never fallen for the debt slavery con that is property ownership. It was a great idea in it's early stages & the returns were fantastic. But that's the essence of a good con, if it looks like a con from the start nobody will play.
Get in from 1985ish to the end of the 90s & you've scored big. Since the turn of the century not so much. Today you're utterly ****ed if you're starting out.

I had a friend who got repossessed 12 years into a 25 year mortgage. Which co-incided nicely with him being in negative equity. He sat there crying into his beer about it.

This same guy had spent the majority of the 12 years repeating the tiresome mantra of "dead money" when calling me out for renting. Literally at every opportunity. When no opportunity existed he'd create one. He ****ing loved it. It was almost a hobby.

So I told him that night that he shouldn't worry. He'd be fine...

...after all, if all my rent was dead money, that must mean that by definition his money wasn't. So clearly they'll just give him his 12 years worth of payments back all tied up with a pretty pink ribbon with a note saying "no worries mate, I'm not dead, I'm just resting"

Clearly I'm a massive ****. I don't deny it. I relished that conversation far too much. But the twat asked for it.

Equally clearly we're not friends anymore.

But I live with that remarkably easily (in my well maintained council flat with a brand new boiler & a nice garden in a quiet cul-de-sac for less than £300 a month)

£120K ? I'd be ****ing minted.

Yes certainly not bad. £300 a month is a lucky strike for rental though. Cling to that forever.
As for house prices - I want to agree, it’s a clusterfuck. But people have been saying that for 10 years, if not more. Only going one way still…

A council flat? Who gets a sniff at one these days?
I was in sheltered housing until recently due to serious illness. Thanks to responding well to the treatment I decided I didn't need it anymore so I looked for a swap. Found an old woman with a collection of physical ailments & swapped with her. The amount of work this place needed was insane but it's almost done now. Happy days. But yes, If I hadn't gone down with a debilitating illness I'd probably still be private renting so it's a weird sort of trade off.

Yes certainly not bad. £300 a month is a lucky strike for rental though. Cling to that forever.
As for house prices - I want to agree, it’s a clusterfuck. But people have been saying that for 10 years, if not more. Only going one way still…
Yep. Because it has to. The housing market pretty much IS the UK economy. One of the reasons we're ****ed & completely in thrall to banks & high finance.
According to what I read this week bankers bonuses are soaring again. Just as everyone else tries to figure out how to keep the heating on next winter & eat at the same time.

So at least we know whose houses to rob when the gas goes off.

A few graphs from an Athletic article on possession.

the one which stands out to me and probably says it all about our recent attacking struggles is only 37% of our sequences of passes end in the final third. Given the first graph shows we are in a bunch of less direct teams (as you’d expect) it’s all a bit pointless if two thirds of the time you don’t get anywhere near the goal…

the article itself says “Leicester’s style of play places them in high possession but they rank relatively low across the board. This suggests they are inefficient in possession. They have the ball almost as much as a team like Arsenal but struggle with it, which may explain their drop-off this season.”

We’re around average in terms of possession leading to shots, a hot topic based on the Madders tweet in the other thread.

A8FA3092-0E1F-4B1F-A0DA-15FE5E423DF5.jpegF905BBB4-3A18-4DEF-969D-0E60EDA01A59.jpeg4B244F99-0802-42C4-8E43-89DF612E7588.jpeg

That’s an excellent gesture.
Tragic that we have to rely on external donors to buy new kit for a service that we should be properly funding though.
It is properly funded. You could throw trillions at it and it would still be poorly managed.

They waste money like no other organisation and what's worse is there is no accountability.

Take their new IT computer system for one.

It is properly funded. You could throw trillions at it and it would still be poorly managed.

They waste money like no other organisation and what's worse is there is no accountability.

It is both. The wastage is phenomenal and not least of all because they employ thousands of 'managers' to do one person's job. It is still, however, chronically underfunded to a point of negligence.

It needs a complete overhaul and much, much more money spent correctly.

It is both. The wastage is phenomenal and not least of all because they employ thousands of 'managers' to do one person's job. It is still, however, chronically underfunded to a point of negligence.

To an extent I agree, but I don’t think it needs more money**

There needs to be less senior and middle managers and more troops with a much clearer structure.

**I am not saying that nurses and other staff are paid the correct wage for their role**

Do either of you know what you're talking about? The NHS, imperfect and certainly as underfunded as it is, spends about 1% of its revenue on management overheads. You won't find another health provider come in at less than double that.

My own experience from within is that it could use more managers, and for those managers to be professional managers rather than doctors and nurses who wanted a break from the patients. Sadly, this is politically poison because of the people who believe and spread the myths above

Do either of you know what you're talking about? The NHS, imperfect and certainly as underfunded as it is, spends about 1% of its revenue on management overheads. You won't find another health provider come in at less than double that.

My own experience from within is that it could use more managers, and for those managers to be professional managers rather than doctors and nurses who wanted a break from the patients. Sadly, this is politically poison because of the people who believe and spread the myths above

Absolutely spot on

Stupid, ignorant shite spread by right wing idiots and believed by utter fools who really haven’t a ****ing clue how the NHS actually works

Less managers and more nurses, get more matrons back running it, not accountants blah blah blah

The managers in the NHS are battling to keep it from falling completely on its arse

Absolutely spot on

Stupid, ignorant shite spread by right wing idiots and believed by utter fools who really haven’t a ****ing clue how the NHS actually works

Less managers and more nurses, get more matrons back running it, not accountants blah blah blah

The managers in the NHS are battling to keep it from falling completely on its arse
Thank you for educating us all, as usual.

I know you are right because your misses works there and clearly, as you must, metaphorically have your fingers on the pulse of the NHS.

Now I am enlightened there isn’t s any need for further comment, you’ve nailed it, congratulations.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854