They're talking about us

Do either of you know what you're talking about? The NHS, imperfect and certainly as underfunded as it is, spends about 1% of its revenue on management overheads. You won't find another health provider come in at less than double that.

My own experience from within is that it could use more managers, and for those managers to be professional managers rather than doctors and nurses who wanted a break from the patients. Sadly, this is politically poison because of the people who believe and spread the myths above
I do. And my wife certainly does as someone who left the NHS precisely because of managers who knew nothing about practice, insisting that they did and trying to force her hand into giving patients less attention at more cost. She's had to sit in enough manager meetings during her career, with suits pushing shit around the room like dung beetles to know precisely how badly the management structure has been ****ed up. I will clarify; I'm not suggesting that better management isn't needed or that better managers wouldn’t help the situation, but I am advocating fewer managers in places where they aren't necessary and a much more organised structure to the system of both management and procurement; there is a difference and it's a crucial one.

The 'less than 1%' figure you quote is likely to be inaccurate as well. Best estimates suggest that the NHS spends roughly £8 billion of its £100 billion budget on management and administration. Manager numbers are, contrary to common belief, coming down in the NHS, I will grant you that but between 1997 and 2010 they rose by about 34%. These statistics are taken from an independent, charity led organisation aimed at improving health care. They are most certainly not right wing or bigoted in any sense.

In terms of wastage, and I know you didn't specifically pick up on that so this isn't aimed at you, for anyone to believe that suggesting it exists is somehow a 'right wing bigot' is completely brain-numbingly ****ish. It is fact. You don't have to be 'right wing' or reliant on gutter press to know this. I could walk through any practice, any hospital, any care home and show you tens of thousands of pounds being ****ed away within minutes.

My wife's practice is managed perfectly well by one good manager and some exceptional staff. Their wastage is absolutely minimal and controlled by simple but strategic thinking, planning and preparation.

Yes, the organisation is wonderful and yes, it is chronically under resourced and under funded but let's not pretend that any criticism of the way in which it has been managed isn't valid.

If you think the NHS is inefficient wait until you have private health care like here in the US that the Tories would love to bring in.
My experience of private medical care is chalk and cheese to what you have posted.

it was a 5* experience verses something from the 70’s.

I'm not talking about the actual product.

It is the number of bills that you get from different billing companies after either a doctors visit or a hospital visit is where the inefficiency comes in. Sometimes billed for the same service by multiple billing companies, finding it impossible for them to talk to each other to sort the problem out. Trying to get one hospital to pass any records along to another hospital without a huge delay. It really is a total shit show at times.

While the care can be pretty good (although nowhere near as good as the septics think it is) it is all about making money and you get charged for every little item and of course a different company handles each one. That itself is a recipe for inefficiency.

Can't work out if it's Dave off the Royle Family or that kid off The Thin Blue Line and that Gimme Gimme Gimme thing?
I was thinking bloke from The Hurt Locker

i was thinking Steptoe

His expression says it all :
"Why the **** did I go to the bother of putting on my false eyelashes for this shit-fest?"

Little Wes might need to remove at least one of his liked posts if the club are checking this...

I get that there are plenty of people brought up in places with different values to us. That's something I don't believe in criticising. You are a product of your environment.

But how the feckity feck do grown men come to this country to get paid millions and not have intelligence to learn or understand or tolerate a difference in culture? If you come here you come with responsibilities. A lot of this is down to the idiotic devotion to pig ignorant religious drivel drummed into people of African descent.

If these fecking wankers expect me to respect their endless praying to whoever the feck they insist on making a display of adulating every time they walk onto a pitch, the least they can do is make it beyond backward displays of ignorance.

I get that there are plenty of people brought up in places with different values to us. That's something I don't believe in criticising. You are a product of your environment.

But how the feckity feck do grown men come to this country to get paid millions and not have intelligence to learn or understand or tolerate a difference in culture? If you come here you come with responsibilities. A lot of this is down to the idiotic devotion to pig ignorant religious drivel drummed into people of African descent.

If these fecking wankers expect me to respect their endless praying to whoever the feck they insist on making a display of adulating every time they walk onto a pitch, the least they can do is make it beyond backward displays of ignorance.

I agree with what you're saying regards religion 100% but......who is the elected PM of our country? If we were the accepting country we pretend to be we wouldn't have a racist homophobe in charge, IMO....

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854