They're talking about us

We
As regards our first XI, how many times did we see them all start as a fit XI last season?

That’s why I think this season could well be a nice surprise for us
May even have an advantage at the start of the season, we won't be waiting for players to settle and adapt to our way of playing, if we get some momentum then good things can happen.

I worry though whether the players will be motivated. Players are having their head turned, and with our finances now feeling they we can't match their ambitions.

We have sufficient quality if they are fit and motivated.

We

May even have an advantage at the start of the season, we won't be waiting for players to settle and adapt to our way of playing, if we get some momentum then good things can happen.

I worry though whether the players will be motivated. Players are having their head turned, and with our finances now feeling they we can't match their ambitions.

We have sufficient quality if they are fit and motivated.
On the other hand, they could look at Youri, who is obviously available for a below market value (due to only having a year left on his contract) and recognise that his performances last season may have cost him a move (up to this point). It could potentially work the other way too and serve as extra motivation.

We won’t get relegated this season, it’ll be a season of midtable mediocrity.

But I worry for us in 23/24, as I don’t think we’ll have Schmeichel, Vardy, Evans, Fofana, Tielemans or Maddison, and I have little faith in our recruitment to replace them adequately.

But I worry for us in 23/24, as I don’t think we’ll have Schmeichel, Vardy, Evans, Fofana, Tielemans or Maddison, and I have little faith in our recruitment to replace them adequately.

We might be Southampton by 23/24 and they've stayed up for a while. All will be fine.

My worry has always been the end of this upcoming season. I hope it doesn’t come to it, but the scenario you’ve mentioned has been on my mind for a while.

It’s a crucial summer, it really is. And it’s a complete ****ing shit show.

It’s a crucial summer, it really is. And it’s a complete ****ing shit show.
I've seen a couple of posts quoting this summer as 'crucial'.

It's no more crucial than any other really. Okay, so we'll lose a couple more next summer. Well, then we'll replace them when we have the cash. The cash we don't have now. We have more than enough quality to compete this year and compete well.

I don't think we will see either of Maddison or Fofana going anywhere. Schmeichel will most likely be off but I'm not wetting the bed over starying Ward who is a capable replacement.

I couldn't really give two shits about signing anyone this window. It would have been nice to have a striker in but other than that I don't see much of a problem elsewhere. The only way in which this window is crucial is in not losing either Maddison or Fofana. Achieve this and I won't be too worried about the season ahead.

If we can get Praet to start being a footballer and Soumare to understand what to do with his feet then we'll have two players we didn't have last season. Both have had decent games pre-season so time will tell.

I'm happy the club are being sensible in trying to balance the books rather than doing a Leeds and imploding. Come on my old mucker.... The doom and gloom thing will be all well and good when Brentford score their third on Sunday but until then there's not a whole heap of stuff to be overly glum about.

I've seen a couple of posts quoting this summer as 'crucial'.

It's no more crucial than any other really. Okay, so we'll lose a couple more next summer. Well, then we'll replace them when we have the cash. The cash we don't have now. We have more than enough quality to compete this year and compete well.

I don't think we will see either of Maddison or Fofana going anywhere. Schmeichel will most likely be off but I'm not wetting the bed over starying Ward who is a capable replacement.

I couldn't really give two shits about signing anyone this window. It would have been nice to have a striker in but other than that I don't see much of a problem elsewhere. The only way in which this window is crucial is in not losing either Maddison or Fofana. Achieve this and I won't be too worried about the season ahead.

If we can get Praet to start being a footballer and Soumare to understand what to do with his feet then we'll have two players we didn't have last season. Both have had decent games pre-season so time will tell.

I'm happy the club are being sensible in trying to balance the books rather than doing a Leeds and imploding. Come on my old mucker.... The doom and gloom thing will be all well and good when Brentford score their third on Sunday but until then there's not a whole heap of stuff to be overly glum about.
Yep, I agree with that. It makes a refreshing change for the club to not be throwing money around on players that do not really improve the team. Lets work with what we have and look after the long term prospects of the club.

Really good point - if we can get these two in the team and get Daka's numbers up it'll be like having 3 new signings anyway.

Yes let’s hope 3 of our terrible recent signings actually start playing well and resembling footballers. Let’s also hope Vestegaard starts running twice as fast and reduces his turning circle to less than the titanic.

Christ, there’s clutching at straws and there’s completely ****ing delusional.

Yes let’s hope 3 of our terrible recent signings actually start playing well and resembling footballers. Let’s also hope Vestegaard starts running twice as fast and reduces his turning circle to less than the titanic.

Christ, there’s clutching at straws and there’s completely ****ing delusional.
Let’s hope after a full season adapting to a new club, new league, and new country, 2 young players who have done well previously in other leagues might perform better. Is that really delusional? If we booted our every player who was poor in their first season, Jamie Vardy wouldn’t be a Leicester player.

And some of us don’t consider Praet to have been a terrible signing.

Dennis Praet is a very good player. No doubt about it.

Yep, he's been regularly picked for one of the best teams in the world because he's bang average.
I couldn't give a monkey **** about who has picked him for what. He's been garbage for us so far which is exactly why we shipped him out.

I couldn't give a monkey **** about who has picked him for what. He's been garbage for us so far which is exactly why we shipped him out.
I disagree. He's never had a consistent run in the team and he has shown plenty of quality in his performances.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463