They're talking about us

Remarkably smooth brained that Tony.
Nothing new. The rubbishing of our title win started almost as soon as we did it. Doesn't fit the narrative. in 10 years time it'll be looked on as proof that the PL was dismally poor & awaiting the renaissance under the godlike genius of Saint Pep of Guardiola.

The truth of course is that it actually lead to years of watching teams of piss poor hoofers attempting to play out from the back & gifting us some of the most hilarious goals in football history.

PS - & of course if the arse do win the league it won't be mentioned that Mr Genius sold them Jesus & Zinchencko in the summer as Arsenal were in no way a title rival. To mention such would be heresy...along with the fact that he also signed the best young striker in the world & still managed to make the squad worse.

Nothing new. The rubbishing of our title win started almost as soon as we did it. Doesn't fit the narrative. in 10 years time it'll be looked on as proof that the PL was dismally poor & awaiting the renaissance under the godlike genius of Saint Pep of Guardiola.

The truth of course is that it actually lead to years of watching teams of piss poor hoofers attempting to play out from the back & gifting us some of the most hilarious goals in football history.

PS - & of course if the arse do win the league it won't be mentioned that Mr Genius sold them Jesus & Zinchencko in the summer as Arsenal were in no way a title rival. To mention such would be heresy...along with the fact that he also signed the best young striker in the world & still managed to make the squad worse.
Weren’t TV rights historically cheap to buy after we won it?

Tells you all you need to know.

Weren’t TV rights historically cheap to buy after we won it?
No.

Broadcasting rights in the UK were historically high between 2016-2019 - but that deal was agreed in 2015. The next deal, signed in 2018, was for 10% less, but it was still the second highest ever.
The international rights keep going up.

No.

Broadcasting rights in the UK were historically high between 2016-2019 - but that deal was agreed in 2015. The next deal, signed in 2018, was for 10% less, but it was still the second highest ever.
The international rights keep going up.
Cool, what I heard was bollocks then!

Piers Corbyn told me that about the TV revenue you know
No idea who that is. But a quick Google search makes him seem like a totally reliable source.

Initially thought it was a Piers Morgan / Jeremy Corbin clone.

No idea who that is. But a quick Google search makes him seem like a totally reliable source.

Initially thought it was a Piers Morgan / Jeremy Corbin clone.
He sort of is, in that he’s an even bigger **** than either of them.

Some season from Benrahma.
His goals and assists tally isn't the best though, and certainly not reflective of that.

I've always been impressed when i have seen him play, but his goals/assists return is pretty poor I believe.

Without looking, Barnes will be comfortably ahead of him this season, and for any previous PL season.

Interesting chart showing the drop off in performance from Barnes this season.

View attachment 17462
Has he been worked out? Maybe worth switching him over to the right but would mean playing someone else out of position i.e. KDH on the left wing. He is so frustrating his cross that led to one of our goals against Villa was sublime but they are few and far between.

It could be that now we have a strong LB he can remain higher up the pitch and he will then become more effective as he will have more one on one opportunities when the opposing team loses possession. For me it is work ethic ( I can only tell from live games) he is not getting involved enough and his attitude when he loses the ball is dire.

I will say it again he has all the attributes necessary to make it to the very top he needs to work harder to achieve it.

Has he been worked out? Maybe worth switching him over to the right but would mean playing someone else out of position i.e. KDH on the left wing. He is so frustrating his cross that led to one of our goals against Villa was sublime but they are few and far between.

It could be that now we have a strong LB he can remain higher up the pitch and he will then become more effective as he will have more one on one opportunities when the opposing team loses possession. For me it is work ethic ( I can only tell from live games) he is not getting involved enough and his attitude when he loses the ball is dire.

I will say it again he has all the attributes necessary to make it to the very top he needs to work harder to achieve it.
Now we have a real threat on the right , it should take some pressure off of him, also give the defenders someone else to worry about so giving Harvey more time and room.

Time will tell, but the Villa game was a good start

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756