They're talking about us

Just wait 3 years or so when the articles start to appear hailing some achievements as being " greater than the Leicester win "

It'll start when ****ing Newcastle win something & they present it as some sort of tear jerking renaissance fable instead of the abomination it really is.

Then it'll be " in retrospect it was a markedly weak season in Leicester's year. It may be time to re-examine the actual merit of that achievement "

Topped off with " after all, the immortal Guardiola was yet to arrive at the Etihad " suggesting that Man City were some sort of minor force before he got there.

Bullshit revisionist history. They can't ****ing wait.

They can say what they want, but they can't take it away from us, the fact we won the ****ing Premier League.

With a starting line up that cost barely a 1/4 of what Grealish cost.

Just wait 3 years or so when the articles start to appear hailing some achievements as being " greater than the Leicester win "

It'll start when ****ing Newcastle win something & they present it as some sort of tear jerking renaissance fable instead of the abomination it really is.

Then it'll be " in retrospect it was a markedly weak season in Leicester's year. It may be time to re-examine the actual merit of that achievement "

Topped off with " after all, the immortal Guardiola was yet to arrive at the Etihad " suggesting that Man City were some sort of minor force before he got there.

I fear this is exactly what will happen. The narrative will probably something like Sure, the Saudi regime executes people all the time and puts women in black bags but the downtrodden people of the North East deserve this and atmosphere at St James's Park is legendary.

To be fair, what the Mail is really waiting for is the chance to cheer on a team who play in black shirts.

There are some positives with your team being relegated.

For example, at least then I can completely ignore the PL descending further towards ultra capitalist oblivion for a bit.

Observing Man City and Newcastle swallow up everything will be depressing and tedious. The fawning media and blind fans are best removed from my day to day life. No more of the awful Sky and MOTD coverage to tut through either.

The Championship is undoubtedly shite but at least it's real football. Maybe it won't be so bad?

I can completely ignore the PL descending further towards ultra capitalist oblivion for a bit.
Where the EPL has led, the EFL has followed so while the amounts might be smaller the behaviour is just as bad. I'm increasingly coming to think that I'm done with professional men's football.

For example, at least then I can completely ignore the PL descending further towards ultra capitalist oblivion for a bit.

Observing Man City and Newcastle swallow up everything will be depressing and tedious. The fawning media and blind fans are best removed from my day to day life. No more of the awful Sky and MOTD coverage to tut through either.

The Championship is undoubtedly shite but at least it's real football. Maybe it won't be so bad?
Yep, the Championship and the EFL is a panacea. There's never ever any financial shenanignas down there.

Absolutely. Nailed in one. The premiership game is ****ing shite

I fear this is exactly what will happen. The narrative will probably something like Sure, the Saudi regime executes people all the time and puts women in black bags but the downtrodden people of the North East deserve this and atmosphere at St James's Park is legendary.
Black bags lol wtf.
I get your sentiment though.

I disagree with most of you lovely old codgers.

Nobody will beat the Leicester City story. We're immortalised. Bottom and buried to champions of the greatest league in the world with a team of has-beens. I'm sorry. No. You lot are feeling bad, fine. But make no mistake, we're legends of the game and an oil rich Newcastle Utd won't change that.

Didn’t they try bumping up the Arsenal story earlier in the season .
Trying to claim it being better than our achievement.

Got to win it first, you ****s

Didn’t they try bumping up the Arsenal story earlier in the season .
Trying to claim it being better than our achievement.

Got to win it first, you ****s

Yep. Most of that guff is just so they can pretend it's not just the team that cheats the most dominating. When you see leagues like France, Germany where there's usually just the same team winning it....that's what we've got now and it's hard to genuinely be interested so have to pretend.

I disagree with most of you lovely old codgers.

Nobody will beat the Leicester City story. We're immortalised. Bottom and buried to champions of the greatest league in the world with a team of has-beens. I'm sorry. No. You lot are feeling bad, fine. But make no mistake, we're legends of the game and an oil rich Newcastle Utd won't change that.
I wasn't saying it'll work. In all logical discourse it's ludicruous to claim that anything can ever top what we did. Luton would have to win it next season for there to even be a debate.
I was saying the press, tv pundits etc would TRY to force their stupid narrative down people's throats.

But yeah, in the real actual world we're immortal & they can **** right off with their bullshit.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854