This…

SilverFox

This should be a time of exceptional sadness for us as a club. It isn’t.

Instead, I actually feel sorry for ‘the big six’. I feel sorry for the plastics, I feel sorry people like my old boss from some random place on the south coast, who rather than support his home town, professed to be a lifelong Liverpool fan despite never ever going there in his life. I feel sorry for the Chelsea fan I know who was born and grew up in Reading. “Thank god that season is over”, I read on his social media tonight, like mid table is the equivalent of the conference. What a disaster for them.

I feel sorry for them because they will never know the real meaning of success. They will never understand what it is to support your home rather than a brand. Their stories are the same. Here one minute and popular while the blood money is flowing, but gone when the regime propping them up disappears.

I feel sorry for them because they will never ever really feel or comprehend the way we all felt when we became champions because they never failed. Really failed. They’ve never invested themselves in anything when it was down and out, they’ve never seen it sink lower still, and they’ve never seen it rise from the ashes to create magic.

Most of all I feel sorry for them because they’ll never know or understand why our one title is worth all of theirs combined.

This. This is what makes us. We’re down and out, but when we make the climb once again, the view will be worth the fall. They will never know how that feels.

Proper football club.

Xx

But... I do know what you mean to some extent. On a different day I'd be more inclined to agree.

My wife reminded me tonight (not at a welcome moment) that I've explained to her many times that the highs and lows are a huge part of sport, and what makes it great. And it's why I want to get my daughter into sport for the character and resilience it builds.

But right now, tonight, I think **** that - I want my team to be in the Premier League.

How pissed are you?
All true though. How many plastic Liverpool fans have you had asking if you’re getting nervous about relegation yet? The ****ing dipshit mailman for my work made an eye rub crying gesture after Liverpool beat us at home then tried to school me in how shit Rodgers is, as if I didn’t know.

Maybe not right this minute, but now is a time to reflect on the good things we’ve done and what that meant to us as fans. It’s on another ****ing planet to what these ballbags on Twitter get from football. Sadly for us, our club exists in the real world and can’t cheat and manipulate refs in the same way that Klopp and Guardiola can.
I have had 3 cups of tea.

And a sandwich.
Throw in a wank and a ciggy and that’s a ****ing cracking night.

But... I do know what you mean to some extent. On a different day I'd be more inclined to agree.

My wife reminded me tonight (not at a welcome moment) that I've explained to her many times that the highs and lows are a huge part of sport, and what makes it great. And it's why I want to get my daughter into sport for the character and resilience it builds.

But right now, tonight, I think **** that - I want my team to be in the Premier League.
They will be again.

I'd be wary of calling anyone who doesn't support their hometown club a plastic fan. I'm not from Leicester. I've never lived in Leicester. Apart from going straight to Filbert Street and then the Walkers/KP, I've never visited Leicester. I haven't seen other parts of the city or county, and honestly, have no desire to. That's not to shit on the place by any means. I've just got no reason to. Yet I am a lifelong Leicester fan and as much of a fan as anyone who was born and/or raised there.

If I supported my local team, I'd be moaning now about how finishing second in the Premier League was a failure given the lead we had at the top. Oh, and on that note, success/failure is relative. I'd be surprised if any Chelsea fan didn't think the same. Mid table is a failure for them. Rochdale fans could be looking at us now and saying the exact same thing.

I experienced a bipolar weekend, on Saturday with my local team celebrating return to Liga 1 in a big way, and on Sunday with my home team waking up from the Brendan hypnotic trance with silence. Both were expected, but that doesn't do away with the sheer disappointment of being let down by a bunch of over-paid complacent idiots. I can only hope that the wake-up call to Top stirs him into making some kind of action, but I have my doubts

I'd be wary of calling anyone who doesn't support their hometown club a plastic fan. I'm not from Leicester. I've never lived in Leicester. Apart from going straight to Filbert Street and then the Walkers/KP, I've never visited Leicester. I haven't seen other parts of the city or county, and honestly, have no desire to. That's not to shit on the place by any means. I've just got no reason to. Yet I am a lifelong Leicester fan and as much of a fan as anyone who was born and/or raised there.

If I supported my local team, I'd be moaning now about how finishing second in the Premier League was a failure given the lead we had at the top. Oh, and on that note, success/failure is relative. I'd be surprised if any Chelsea fan didn't think the same. Mid table is a failure for them. Rochdale fans could be looking at us now and saying the exact same thing.
I'm sorry London. I don't think you are plastic. I'm not even sure it works in reverse where you could support a hugely successful club, but instead pick one that breaks your heart consistently. That doesn't make you plastic... mentally ill perhaps.

Similar story here. Quite glad i dont support my local big club even though they'll be buying some trophies in the near future.

Similar story here. Quite glad i dont support my local big club even though they'll be buying some trophies in the near future.
Me too, one of the the reasons I started supporting Leicester was because they weren't one of the local big clubs.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854