This is the reason....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...that senior players, whether they are 'big names' or otherwise, should be considered, very, very carefully before spending a shed load on their wages......

...maybe it would be better to give them a trial first or maybe even a 'stringent' fitness test.....

The trouble is that if you spend too long considering it very very carefully, somebody else jumps in and buys the player. And do you really think that a big name would accept a trial or allow themselves to be put through one of your "'stringent' fitness tests"? They more likely to say "bolllocks to that" and sign for somebody who has got more realistic views on the signing of "senior players".

The thing is about "senior players" - they hold all the aces. The ultimate goal of your scheme is only to sign fit senior players - the ultimate result would be that you would never sign any. If you think that senior players are an essential part of the side, you've got to be ready to take a risk.

Which is probably why Murphy will never happen. MA2 probably doesn't want him as it doesn't fit his plan...

Agreed and that might not be the best attitude from MA as it is just a long suicide note. :icon_roll

At least, unlike Levein, if it does go tits up MM won't hang around in making a tough decision. He has already given him till January to be top 6, so pressure is bang on at the moment.

Last edited:
Worst thread ever

One apple is bad, therefore it is perfectly reasonable to assume that all apples are in fact bad :icon_roll

Careful Homer, any more of that and the CEO of Magners will be leaping off a building...

Well if he finds one rotting apple in his factory then he should apply the brilliant logic underpinning this thread and close the whole place down

The trouble is that if you spend too long considering it very very carefully, somebody else jumps in and buys the player. And do you really think that a big name would accept a trial or allow themselves to be put through one of your "'stringent' fitness tests"? They more likely to say "bolllocks to that" and sign for somebody who has got more realistic views on the signing of "senior players".

The thing is about "senior players" - they hold all the aces. The ultimate goal of your scheme is only to sign fit senior players - the ultimate result would be that you would never sign any. If you think that senior players are an essential part of the side, you've got to be ready to take a risk.

I'm not naive enough to think that big name senior players, like Hendrie, Fowler, Hasselbaink would would accept a trial. Their ego's wouldn't allow it.

one of 'my' stringent fitness tests??!! :icon_bigg FFS Boc my point was that we should consider these type of expensive signings very, very carefully because of the risks! The 3 examples I linked proves this. I mentioned the 'stringent fitness test' as a reference to MA's comments about todays loan signings. I thought you may have realised this.

dear oh dear.... :)

I'm not naive enough to think that big name senior players, like Hendrie, Fowler, Hasselbaink would would accept a trial. Their ego's wouldn't allow it.

one of 'my' stringent fitness tests??!! :icon_bigg FFS Boc my point was that we should consider these type of expensive signings very, very carefully because of the risks! The 3 examples I linked proves this. I mentioned the 'stringent fitness test' as a reference to MA's comments about todays loan signings. I thought you may have realised this.

What is this supposed to mean?

stringent fitness tests = Can you pick up the fat pay packet uncle Milan has promised you? Didn't Cort hurt his back first????

Well that's tough shit on them then, because 2 out of those 3 are now doing a Cort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46