Ticket Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City can provide supporters with further information on arrangements relative to 2019/20 ticketing, following conditions announced by the Premier League today [Thursday 28 May].

Professional football in England has been suspended since 13 March due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Premier League has now confirmed that, while all parties remain committed to fulfilling the season’s remaining fixtures from 17 June, it is now certain that these fixtures cannot be fulfilled in venues that are open to the public.

In light of this, Leicester City supporters with tickets for the Club’s remaining 2019/20 fixtures are now able to claim a refund, details of which are set out below. At the request of a number of our supporters, there will also be an option to donate a proportion of those refunds to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation.

All current Season Ticket Holders will retain priority over their Season Ticket seats until further information on the 2020/21 season is announced.

Chief Executive Susan Whelan said: “We have been awaiting clarification on the remaining competition format and, while the details of 20/21 Season Tickets are still to be determined, we felt it important today to respond immediately to our fans, and to return monies already paid in this time of need for many.

“We’ve been contacted by a number of supporters expressing a desire to donate to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation and its work supporting our communities through this crisis, which is a kind gesture for those in a position to do so.

“We look forward to welcoming our supporters back to King Power Stadium as soon as it is safe to do so and, in the meantime, will continue to explore new and innovative ways to engage with them and keep them at the heart of everything we do.”

From 9am on Monday 1 June, supporters with an online ticketing account will be able to select from the following options at lcfc.com:
SEASON TICKETS AND SEASONAL PARKING
2019/20 Season Ticket purchasers will be entitled to request a refund equal to 4/19ths of the cost of the Season Tickets they have purchased. Season Ticket purchasers will be able to elect:

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf.

Applicable refunds/donations related to Seasonal Parking will also be available through this process.

MATCH TICKETS (all competitions) AND MATCH-BY-MATCH PRODUCTS
Purchasers of match tickets for individual home and away matches will be entitled to request a refund equal to the original price of the relevant ticket. This includes all tickets for our postponed Emirates FA Cup quarter final match against Chelsea. Purchasers can elect:

1. To request this refund to be repaid to them directly. Appropriate payment methods will be made available through the online portal; or

2. To request the Club to donate a proportion of the refund due to them to the Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Foundation, on the purchaser’s behalf.

Applicable refunds/donations related to match-by-match car parking and Foxes Travel will also be available through this process.

The online refund/donation facility will be available via lcfc.com between Monday 1 and Tuesday 30 June. Refund applications will be processed as soon as possible and no later than 30 July.

Supporter enquiries can be submitted by email to [email protected]. The City Sales Centre will be fielding telephone enquiries from 9am on Monday 1 June on 0344 815 5000 (Option 1), but will remain closed to personal callers.

All hospitality clients will be contacted directly by account managers in the coming days.

The Club would like to extend its appreciation to supporters for their patience and understanding during this uniquely challenging time, and assures its Season Ticket Holders that every possible step will be taken to ensure that further information relating to the 2020/21 season is issued as soon as the Club is able to confirm it.

Further updates will be issued to Season Ticket Holders directly and via lcfc.com.

Nice

Ticket holders should be given free access to the games that are shown on Sky/BT/Amazon.

Agreed. They won't be seeing any of my money I can assure you of that.

Really, thanks.

I think you knew what i meant!

I think people who would have been at the match anyway should not have to pay rip-off prices to see the games on TV.

The cheapest (non offer) way to get Sky Sports on your TV is a Now TV month pass, at £34 (day passes might work out cheaper, depending on how often we're on Sky). Then you'd need a BT Sport pass, another £25. And £8 for a month of Amazon Prime, if our matches are on there. So that's £67. But you'd need two months worth, so make that £134. That's assuming people already have the hardware and the internet connection...

So it would cost me more to watch our games on TV than actually be there live.

Righteo Sky.... ****s

I think people who would have been at the match anyway should not have to pay rip-off prices to see the games on TV.

The cheapest (non offer) way to get Sky Sports on your TV is a Now TV month pass, at £34 (day passes might work out cheaper, depending on how often we're on Sky). Then you'd need a BT Sport pass, another £25. And £8 for a month of Amazon Prime, if our matches are on there. So that's £67. But you'd need two months worth, so make that £134. That's assuming people already have the hardware and the internet connection...
But you’ve had a refund. By your logic you (well not you obviously by your avatar), walk into barber shop 1 and ask for a haircut, you pay your money and sit down. A couple of minutes later the barber doesn’t feel well and has to go home.

refund is offered which you gratefully accept.

you then wander down the road to barber shop 2. Ask for a haiircut but when the time comes to pay you say “no need to pay as I nearly had a haircut down the road and I have it cut every fortnight.”

Sounds reasonable to me, not!

But you’ve had a refund. By your logic you (well not you obviously by your avatar), walk into barber shop 1 and ask for a haircut, you pay your money and sit down. A couple of minutes later the barber doesn’t feel well and has to go home.

you then wander down the road to barber shop 2. Ask for a haiircut but when the time comes to pay you say “no need to pay as I nearly had a haircut down the road and I have it cut every fortnight.”

Some people's refund wouldn't cover the cost of watching the games on TV.

And it's about a business looking after loyal customers in a difficult situation. Customers who have paid for something well in advance, and aren't getting what they paid for.

The Premier League already runs a streaming service, it should be fairly straightforward to give access to it to season ticket holders, just to watch their team's home games. The broadcasters wouldn't be losing out, as those people wouldn't have watched the game on TV anyway. It wouldn't cost much to run and set up. The PL could use it as a trial run for the service they're expected to make available to everyone in a few years.

I'm going to take the donation option with my season tickets & my FA cup tickets as our club has conducted itself amazingly during the Pandemic & it makes me proud to be a Leicester fan. If I was a Spurs Fan I would demand all my money back & want to kick Harry Kane in the gonads.

I find the timing of this a little interesting. Our accounts for the year end on Sunday and refunds become available from Monday.

It does seem as though our finances for 2019/20 are going to be very tight. The main expenditure of the training ground and approx. £25m lost income from the curtailed season with lost TV revenues, gate receipts, sponsorship and hospitality money.

Refunds will cost the club £2-3m and it may be that they need this in the 2020/21 accounts. This may also put those expecting us to spend much this summer into context.

I find the timing of this a little interesting. Our accounts for the year end on Sunday and refunds become available from Monday.

It does seem as though our finances for 2019/20 are going to be very tight. The main expenditure of the training ground and approx. £25m lost income from the curtailed season with lost TV revenues, gate receipts, sponsorship and hospitality money.

Refunds will cost the club £2-3m and it may be that they need this in the 2020/21 accounts. This may also put those expecting us to spend much this summer into context.
I suspect we won’t be the only club in that boat.

Maybe it's due to FFP? Our income effects how much we are allowed to spend, though I expect some allowances will be made this year.

I went for a haircut one lunchtime.

I got back to work a few minutes late.

My boss said where have you been?

I said for a haircut.

He said you can’t have a hair cut in my time.

I said well it grows in your time.

He said not all of it.

I said well I didn’t have all of it cut off.

Speaking as an accountant ( boredom alert! ) they should be accrued for in the 2019/20 accounts as the expectation the refund should be made is known now. There are much easier ways to massage the accounts, believe me! On a separate note, I would be amazed if conversations are not being had at the moment to suspend FFP as the virus has tipped all financial projections upside down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757