TikTok

Joe_Fox

What's the deal with this piece of shit?
Why is it so popular?
I've heard that (at least) two very different algorithms are used to serve up very different types of content. In China, the videos are generally positive, helpful and fulfilling whereas in the west you'll get fights, pranks and generally negative, harmful, and time wasting crap.
Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I reckon there is something in it
What do you reckon?

Why is it so popular?
I've heard that (at least) two very different algorithms are used to serve up very different types of content. In China, the videos are generally positive, helpful and fulfilling whereas in the west you'll get fights, pranks and generally negative, harmful, and time wasting crap.
What do you reckon?
I’m 47 years old. I’m past the age limit for it.

If you find a video of some big breasted bint dancing and jiggling away or taking her top off, and watch it a few times, then you get fed a load of similar ones ad infinitum

It's brilliant

Why is it so popular?
What do you reckon?
One of the big appeals is that you do not need to sign up - it just uses your device license I believe to keep feeding you endless content.

I haven't heard anything along the lines of what you mentioned but machine learning showing only stuff you agree with and creating a total echo chamber cannot possibly be a good thing.

If you're using it like homer homer then... why not. Each to their own

Its just another level of the dumbing down process of civilisation. Telling talentless ****wits that they can be important & "influencers"

It's the next step down from reality TV. I expect all the big hits on it to have jobs on the BBC & ITV as presenters within 2 years.

& then it'll become a nest of mentally unstable conspiracy theorists, hysterical populist shit stirrers & extreme right wing loonies from the US.

Same as every other video platform.

Homer's usage is actually the most healthy option compared to that dismal pile.

Music videos, comedy clips, film trailers. Anyone using internet video sites for anything other than those is signing up to swim in a septic tank.

Why is it so popular?

I'm 32 so am too old to be on it, but I've heard that it's addictive to a level that makes Instagram seem modest. So that's a big factor in the explosion of its popularity.

But there's the other big issue of it having links to the Chinese Communist Party, a good example of something that sounds too much like a conspiracy theory to be true, but is true.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363