Time of Their Lives - Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

This Monday at 10pm on Sky Sports 1.

I think that rather than show Lee Marshall, Junior Lewis and the other players who were having the Time Of Their Lives at City's expense, it just will show Izzet, Walsh, Elliott and the like during Leicester City's Wembley success in the late 1990's.

I know this just says the same as Orifice said above but this is from skysports TV listings:

Time Of Our Lives-Leicester10pm on Sky Sports 1

60 mins

The Silver Foxes: Jeff Stelling is joined by Steve Walsh, Matt Elliott and Muzzy Izzet to analyse Leicester City and their fantastic form between 1997 and 2000.

Can someone explain what this "Time of our lives" Show is?

Us ex-pats are yet to be exposed to such quality programming, they keep showing The Wire and Deadwood, rubbish like that, over here. :icon_wink

Can someone explain what this "Time of our lives" Show is?

Us ex-pats are yet to be exposed to such quality programming, they keep showing The Wire and Deadwood, rubbish like that, over here. :icon_wink

It's Jeff Stelling sitting round a table chatting to 3 men for an hour.

Walsh and Elliott around the same table? I take it they have made up now then!!

When I was home I went up to the Walkers and bumped into Walshy, Muz and Elliott, all standing around laughing and joking with each other, so I don't know how bad things are between those two.

Didn't think it was a very good show tbh. Very disjointed and Walshy interrupting Elliott and Muzzy all the time and saying "unbelieveable" every 2 minutes was incredibly annoying. Walshy came across as a total bell-end tbh. Muzzy and Elliott came across all right though.

A bit heavy on the superlatives as well, you know those media savvy bites building up players and eras: caliing Walshy "undoubtedly the biggest cult hero of Leicester" for example is hardly true given Frank Worthington's cult status. The "without doubt the most successful 5 years in Leicester's history" is also very questionable. Seemed to me that SKY was doing their usual bid of forgetting anything that happened before 1992.

One thing it did show me though was just how much MON thinks he is Brian Clough, he even used the "we'll discuss it and realise I was right" line. Like no one had heard it before :icon_roll

Did anyone else think Elliott looked ill though, certainly didn't look in a healthy state, sad to see.

Last edited:
I know it's not to do with the programme but the era in question, but I read just now that Villa are the first "non-Big 4" team since City 13 years ago to win at Old Trafford and Anfield in the same season.

Have got this on Sky+ to watch

Didn't think it was a very good show tbh. Very disjointed and Walshy interrupting Elliott and Muzzy all the time and saying "unbelieveable" every 2 minutes was incredibly annoying. Walshy came across as a total bell-end tbh. Muzzy and Elliott came across all right though.

A bit heavy on the superlatives as well, you know those media savvy bites building up players and eras: caliing Walshy "undoubtedly the biggest cult hero of Leicester" for example is hardly true given Frank Worthington's cult status. The "without doubt the most successful 5 years in Leicester's history" is also very questionable. Seemed to me that SKY was doing their usual bid of forgetting anything that happened before 1992.

One thing it did show me though was just how much MON thinks he is Brian Clough, he even used the "we'll discuss it and realise I was right" line. Like no one had heard it before :icon_roll

Did anyone else think Elliott looked ill though, certainly didn't look in a healthy state, sad to see.

This was my thought almost straight away. Looked and sounded a bit like a heavyweight boxer who had a few fights too many. May be he just enjoyed the hospitality a bit too much?

Elliott seemed fine when I met him. Lucid, had a good chat with him. I reckon he smokes a bit, and he always had a penchant for putting on the odd pound. But I didn't have any concerns about him.

Walshy, well he does come across a bit of a Johnny Big Potatoes, but he is a legend, so there you go.

And Muzzy was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758