Time to play into my hands again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewhites

Banned
I'm looking forward to this one.
Let's see how many I catch on this thread.There are only one or two(Macky for eg) who are now wise to not biting anymore but most of you are just putty in my hands as this thread will also prove.

Ok let's start.
As a lot of you already think the league is tied up after 9 games well good for you. Here is a little food for thought though.

This was the league table last season after 9 games.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2007-2008/table/2007-10-02

After 9 games,
Swansea was in 6th place.
Nottingham Forest was in 8th place
Doncaster was in 16th place.

All teams were promoted. Leyton Orient(top) eventually finished 14th

This was the league table in the 2006/7 season after 9 games.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2006-2007/table/2006-09-23

After 9 games,
Scunthorpe was in 15th place
Bristol was in 3rd place
Blackpool was in 21st place

All teams were promoted that season. Nottingham Forest who were top at the time eventually finished 4th
My guess is Forest at the time also thought they had won the league, and we all know that.

This was the league table in the 2005/6 season after 9 games.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2005-2006/table/2005-09-17

After 9 games,
Southend were in 3rd place
Colchester were in 13th place
Barnsley were in 6th place

YET AGAIN, ALL teams were promoted that year. Swansea who were top at the time finished in 6th position.

Now there seems to be an obvious pattern forming there.Ok, you are 5 points ahead of Leeds but results PROVE that this means absolutely nothing,zilch,zero,Fu*ck all at this point and you are making yourselves look bigger d1cks in thinking that the season is wrapped up.

I would love to try and find an old Forest forum from this date in 2006 when they were top after 9 games and they were giving it large. We all know your hate for Forest(not as much as Leeds though) and we both know they were saying how easy the league was only to be thrown back down to earth the same year. I would've loved to have seen their faces,but personally I actually do like Forest unlike you lot.

Leicester are no exception to Forest or any other team who remained top at this stage but FAILED to get promoted in the last 3 years and it amuses me to think that you reckon you have won this league.Don't you ever learn.?

It is such a pity there is 111 points left in the bag to play for and you are 3 points clear(1 game clear from 37 left). For all I care you can be 10 points clear it won't make a blind bit of difference after 9 games, infact I would even give you 15 points clear at this stage, it means nothing to the final table, however I understand that Leicester have never been top in a division before so this must be all new to you.:081:

Now I will enjoy reading your 'this league is easy' posts as I have done in the last 24 hours. Like I said in my other thread I bet Man Utd are sh1tting themselves that they are only going to finish the league mid table this season.

It's a marathon not a sprint. 7 long months to go, a drop in form for most teams over xmas,harder icy grounds to visit in the winter and 111 points to play for.
Yeah you keep telling us all you have won the league. Past results(above) tell a much different story.

In the meantime i'll enjoy most of you feeding this troll.
It makes a smashing read.!!
Keep believing guys.:081:
:038::038:

hahahaha how long did it take for you to research and type all that? 118 posts is a bit obsessive :102:

:icon_roll :117:

haha

You've been caught by us again whites, you are the one on the hook - you are entertaining us.

Answer me this would you rather be top of the league at this moment or 5 points beehind a team that you don't think will win the league?

haha

You've been caught by us again whites, you are the one on the hook - you are entertaining us.

Answer me this would you rather be top of the league at this moment or 5 points beehind a team that you don't think will win the league?

Im happy that we are 4th to be honest. If it gets to April and you are top and we are 4th then Ill start getting worried.
I think I think Scunthorpe will be the biggest threat this season to everyone.
Look at Carlisle and Oldham, Both have dropped off already. Leeds have won their last 6 games in a row and to lose one game doesn't call for any alarm bells. If Scunny hadn't had a player sent off they would be into their 8th win on a bounce.

If you are top in the spring then Ill admit defeat.

I can't actually think of anyone who's said were definitely getting promoted just because were top of the league at the moment. Basically were pleased that we have had such a good start as it means we've made solid foundations for a promotion push this year. Also the fact that the teams promoted in the last three years haven't been promoted doesn't necessarily mean that its not going to happen this year as each season is different-theres no inalienable truth that because were top now were going to **** up later-if it happens it happens but its not guaranteed.

Im happy that we are 4th to be honest. If it gets to April and you are top and we are 4th then Ill start getting worried.
Look at Carlisle and Oldham, Both have dropped off already. Leeds have won their last 6 games in a row and to lose one game doesn't call for any alarm bells. If Scunny hadn't had a player sent off they would be into their 8th win on a bounce.

you're not sure whether you think that? Don't Scunthorpe play the same rules as everyone else, wins being scoring more than the opposition? can't see how they weren't allowed their win for having a player sent off

We don't have to do as well as anyone else to get automatically promoted, now.

troll-web1asd.jpg

shows how much you know. scunthorpe have one of the smallest squads in the league. if they get two or three injuries then they will be struggling.

I dont think the season is wrapped up by the nineth game, I'd be an idiot to think that.
Personally, I dont care what you think Leeds fan,
now please...piss off, you sad little man.

ooh, that rhymes!

boo!

Which mod ruined the fun?

:038::038::038:WE ARE TOP OF LEAGUE, SAY WE ARE TOP OF LEAGUE:038::038::038:

SIT DOWN SHUTUP, SIT DOWN SHUTUP:081::081:

Also why would anyone even think to read the first post you made, its coming from a Leeds fan ffs. Your sad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59