Post Match Tottenham 3 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did far better than we should have done 15/16.
We have done far worse than we should have done 19/20.

Well I don’t know why it has to be a Tottenham player just because they shat on us from outer space. Piper picked James Justin as our MOTM which basically means he’s better than Harry Kane.

Nurse, nurse! He’s out of bed again. Have Perez and Barnes shit in your car?
No it has been blindingly obvious for most of the season BR risk versus reward has not worked and has caused such a dramatic run of defeats.
If he is going to play them he must make sure they track back and make us compact, if he doesn't do that Man Utd will exploit it as the rest of the league have done.

Just consider the pace at which we move the ball now. It's so slow and laboured that we're always attacking against 10 or 11 men behind the ball. That's not just the case this week, but has been in pretty much every game since the restart and perhaps since before christmas.

Anyone could see that a faster build up would be beneficial - as it was when Johnny Evans knocked it long to Vardy, who squared it to Gray to see us comfortably home against Sheff U.

Speaking of which, I would love to hear an interview from BR as honest as Wilder was after we beat them.

Just consider the pace at which we move the ball now. It's so slow and laboured that we're always attacking against 10 or 11 men behind the ball. That's not just the case this week, but has been in pretty much every game since the restart and perhaps since before christmas.

Anyone could see that a faster build up would be beneficial - as it was when Johnny Evans knocked it long to Vardy, who squared it to Gray to see us comfortably home against Sheff U.

Speaking of which, I would love to hear an interview from BR as honest as Wilder was after we beat them.

Yep. This, alongside the abandonment of pressing, are the two tactical features most responsible for our disastrous form since early December.

It’s Puel-ball at it’s finest.

We created many chances. Actually if we take our chances, we win that game, provided we can defend and unfortunately Bennett was shit.

Tactically I think you have to push wing-backs against Spurs, you have to try to stop their overlap, you also need to win the middle. I think actually Mourinho respected that Leicester would out play them in the middle that he went long-ball. I hardly remember Harry Winks on the ball.

So, he takes the points. But my god, what awful football to have to watch. For me, it's got to entertain. Brighton aside, and a catastrophe on the coast, we've entertained for me many times since lockdown and I believe we're moving in the right direction with the right style of football to be genuine top 6 and perhaps - recruitment key here - more.

...Tactically I think you have to push wing-backs against Spurs, you have to try to stop their overlap...

That is where the drinks break helped, Mourinho saw that Aurier was getting roasted by Barnes and Thomas and wasn't getting any help from Moura. He pulled Moura back some and the space on the left wasn't as easy to find as it had been. He probably wouldn't have been able to do that without without the delay in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363