Post Match Tottenham 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's frustrating as **** as it could have so easily been different.

We've not been playing terrible.
Imagine if we made some tactical decisions that helped us to capitalise on ‘not playing terrible’.

Ok.

Well,that was actually worse than I was expecting which is saying something since I expected nothing.

From team selection to game management, to performance. Everything was wrong.

We should have been 2 up by the time they scored.

No striker in the starting 11...& none on the bench either until they had to change it after Mendy's injury. What in the name of **** is that? Does Puel actually believe in his heart that 0-0 is the perfect result for a football match? Thats the message the team sheet seemed to send.

Despite a couple of years of titting about we are STILL quite clearly best when we play on the counter. So in a game where we were always going to concede possession...he drops the best counter attacking striker in the league.

I've made the entire journey. At first I wanted him given a decent chance, then I wanted him gone as he clearly doesn't have a clue. Now I want his coaching licence rescinded so he can't ruin the game for anyone else.

2 more games like this & I'll want him dead.

How to win friends & influence people.

Last edited:
I saw a poorly defended set piece, a lack of confidence in finishing and a woeful lapse of concentration from our right back.

Tielemans looks great. Barnes, for all of his misses, was a real threat, and Ricardo continues to look good going forward.

Be honest you'd back Vardy to have bagged 1 or 2 of those chances Barne's missed. The one at 2-0 down was an absolute sitter....

I thought we played well. We defended poorly, but we attacked well. I still think it was daft to leave Vardy out, though.

Barnes could have had a hat trick, Vardy misses a pen, Chilwell could have had at least one.

2 individual mistakes cost us a couple of goals and get hit for a third at the end chucking everyone forward to equalise.

Definitely all the fault of Puel.
So let’s say Barnes had scored his hattrick and Vardy scored his penalty, and we win convincingly. 5-2 or whatever. And Puel rightly would take credit for a fantastic win.

Yet Barnes and Vardy missed their chances, and hence made individual mistakes, so Puel takes no responsibility for that?

You can’t have it both ways.

also that was said to be a 4231 by Sky but it was a 433 and often Tielemans was ahead of Maddison, Wilf, until the slip for their 3rd was back to his usual level of performance
Be honest you'd back Vardy to have bagged 1 or 2 of those chances Barne's missed. The one at 2-0 down was an absolute sitter....
I'd be wondering why he was playing left wing

So let’s say Barnes had scored his hattrick and Vardy scored his penalty, and we win convincingly. 5-2 or whatever. And Puel rightly would take credit for a fantastic win.

Yet Barnes and Vardy missed their chances, and hence made individual mistakes, so Puel takes no responsibility for that?

You can’t have it both ways.

So now you want to blame the defeat on Puel for not starting Vardy and also for bringing him on and missing a penalty??

The guy can't win.

Puel makes a point that I AM IN CHARGE so drops Vardy even though we had a player just starting their first game who could provide the ammunition for a player like Vardy and Puel plays Gray who did his best but he's not a centre forward which was proved as we had chances that probably Vardy would have put away.

We had the chances to win that game and we made Spuds look like a sack of them at times. We had more chances but we kept missing them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757