Post Match Tottenham 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puel makes a point that I AM IN CHARGE so drops Vardy even though we had a player just starting their first game who could provide the ammunition for a player like Vardy and Puel plays Gray who did his best but he's not a centre forward which was proved as we had chances that probably would have put away.

We had the chances to win that game and we made Spuds look like a sack of them at times. We had more chances but we kept missing them!
I get the feeling that Puel thinks he was saying ‘I am in charge’. The reality is that his message translates poorly because all I am hearing is ‘sack me please’

Shame he missed the easiest chance of them all that would have put us level.

I was told 40 years ago that no player should ever take a penalty just after coming on. I once scored 5 penalties in a youth team season. I took one after coming on as a sub & being on for 2 minutes. I put it over the bar. It's an excusable miss...but he should never have taken it. He's also the only decent striker we currently have so of course he should start. Especially in a game where the style of play is going to suit him. It's an indefensible decision on every level.

I can't remember who said it was disorganised that we didn't know who would take the pen without Vardy, that wasn't true we did know it was Maddison, the only decision was would Vardy want to take it if the sub was made

I was told 40 years ago that no player should ever take a penalty just after coming on. I once scored 5 penalties in a youth team season. I took one after coming on as a sub & being on for 2 minutes. I put it over the bar. It's an excusable miss...but he should never have taken it. He's also the only decent striker we currently have so of course he should start. Especially in a game where the style of play is going to suit him. It's an indefensible decision on every level.
Exactly. Bloke has been a spectator for 60 minutes.

Vardy and Okazaki were always named on the bench
Yes...I put it badly. nach was only there after mendy was pulled so we started with no striker & not other option from the bench. Shinji isn't a striker these days either. In fact he never really has been since he's been here. Certainly he's not your impact from the bench goal threat.

Yes...I put it badly. nach was only there after mendy was pulled so we started with no striker & not other option from the bench. Shinji isn't a striker these days either. In fact he never really has been since he's been here. Certainly he's not your impact from the bench goal threat.
I think I'd prefer Muskwe over Shinji these day's at least there'd be the benefit of a youngster getting some first team minutes, we should have let Shinji go.

As for Nacho, he is far too timid in my opinion, if he was more assertive he'd see a big improvement in his performances

I think I'd prefer Muskwe over Shinji these day's at least there'd be the benefit of a youngster getting some first team minutes, we should have let Shinji go.

As for Nacho, he is far too timid in my opinion, if he was more assertive he'd see a big improvement in his performances
Probably true. Nacho has always given the impression that he doesn't really want to be here. But Kante didn't really fancy it either & it didn't stop him from being brilliant so yes, it's probably a character issue.

Puel: "Jamie scored in the second half because he had a good rest in the first".

Ha, ha, ha! The man is priceless.
You’re taking it out of context blah blah blah

Probably true. Nacho has always given the impression that he doesn't really want to be here. But Kante didn't really fancy it either & it didn't stop him from being brilliant so yes, it's probably a character issue.
Kante loved playing for us but wanted to live in London, for some reason we wouldn't let him, given our location Geographically I don't know why we'd be so against it

Puel: "Jamie scored in the second half because he had a good rest in the first".

Ha, ha, ha! The man is priceless.
****ing WHAT? has he seriously said that?

Jesus. If I'm Vardy right this minute I'm looking for a transfer ASAP.

Stupid ****ing ****.

Kante loved playing for us but wanted to live in London, for some reason we wouldn't let him, given our location Geographically I don't know why we'd be so against it
All that's beyond me. But then again I'm a bit of a relaxed old geezer these days. I keep forgetting that young people think London is the bollocks. Although if you're on footballers wages it probably is.

All that's beyond me. But then again I'm a bit of a relaxed old geezer these days. I keep forgetting that young people think London is the bollocks. Although if you're on footballers wages it probably is.
especially for people from outside the UK

That isn't true is it. The club would have gladly given him a private jet every day from France if he'd have agreed to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757