Post Match Tottenham 3 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Vardy definitely back in for the next game, probably for fake Mahrez who wasn't too bad today but probably offered the least from the starting front 4.

Sane team apart from that though.

Putting Vardy on the bench is inexcusable.

Diabolical management to make a sub before our own penalty and delaying our own taking of it. Even worse to get the player coming on to take the penalty with his first kick of the game. You could vardy still stretching before his run up! Awful, awful decision that may well have cost us the game.

We actually played some good stuff today and looked bright. But without vardy on the bench, we had no one clinical enough to actually take those chances, and that's why Vardy HAS to start.

Tielemans looked good and made a big difference; I feel more positive about the rest of the season if he plays like that because he will give us more incisive, forward passing that will help unlock defences against the teams we struggle to break down.

I find our form, and Puel, incredibly frustrating. We are 70-80% of the way to being a very good side and we have plenty of young players so there are signs to be positive about. But I just don't think Puel is ever going to get more out of them than he is. Hes done a good job of bringing young players through and has us, at times, playing some nice football. But we make too many of the same sloppy mistakes and can't find the clinical edge, which makes the nice play pointless.

I'm not a huge Puel outter, and not hysterical like some, but I think its clear Puel needs to go at the end of the season. Little point doing it now as there isn't anyone obvious to get in yet, so stick with it as the likes of Gray, Barnes, Chilwell should/will improve their technical ability in this system. But lets get someone in at the end of the season who can push this team on.

Of course if we lose next week, we may need to make changes earlier...

Putting Vardy on the bench is inexcusable.

Diabolical management to make a sub before our own penalty and delaying our own taking of it. Even worse to get the player coming on to take the penalty with his first kick of the game. You could vardy still stretching before his run up! Awful, awful decision that may well have cost us the game.

We actually played some good stuff today and looked bright. But without vardy on the bench, we had no one clinical enough to actually take those chances, and that's why Vardy HAS to start.

Tielemans looked good and made a big difference; I feel more positive about the rest of the season if he plays like that because he will give us more incisive, forward passing that will help unlock defences against the teams we struggle to break down.

I find our form, and Puel, incredibly frustrating. We are 70-80% of the way to being a very good side and we have plenty of young players so there are signs to be positive about. But I just don't think Puel is ever going to get more out of them than he is. Hes done a good job of bringing young players through and has us, at times, playing some nice football. But we make too many of the same sloppy mistakes and can't find the clinical edge, which makes the nice play pointless.

I'm not a huge Puel outter, and not hysterical like some, but I think its clear Puel needs to go at the end of the season. Little point doing it now as there isn't anyone obvious to get in yet, so stick with it as the likes of Gray, Barnes, Chilwell should/will improve their technical ability in this system. But lets get someone in at the end of the season who can push this team on.

Of course if we lose next week, we may need to make changes earlier...
I think we must do it now. I’d wager most of our decent players will be pushing to get a move away and the intensiteeeeee of that feeling will grow stronger week on week the longer this continues.

I was as shocked as anyone that Vardy was dropped for this one, that said I thought the starting front 4 played really well together. We had more movement, got more people in the box, and had more good chances than i have ever seen from a Puel team. This I think was largely down to Tielemans positive play getting us forward quicker. I Can't excuse not playing Vardy from the start though, can't help thinking our only proven finisher would have had a field day today.

It seems as though Puel let go of the reigns today and we played with much more attacking intent, even Ndidi was getting forward, and I hope that we stick with that. Although we lost today we are clearly a much better team on the front foot.

Utter, utter madness. Vardy on the bench is a stupid decision but to then decide to play without any striker at all is suicide. Tielemans was excellent and made a difference to the quality in midfield, unfortunately all of that is redundant because we didn't have a ****ing striker for him to feed.

The same old same old from some - 'What ifs..' and 'we could haves...` but the truth is we didn't and we were never going to with that ridiculous selection.

He's now showing the same signs that we saw from Mourinho and Hughes before they were fired and from Sarri for the past few games; some really odd ideas in the vain hope it will change things. This is what managers under pressure do when panic sets in and it usually spells the end pretty quickly.

What an absolute clown he has turned out to be. If we carry on this trajectory then we will regret not turfing him out a long time ago. Lose our next game and it could be a very, very desperate end to the season.

From the BBC:

Vardy made a demonstrable difference to Leicester's attack...

No shit, Sherlock. Even Gary ****ing Megson wouldn't have been so idiotic.

Barnes could have had a hat trick, Vardy misses a pen, Chilwell could have had at least one.

2 individual mistakes cost us a couple of goals and get hit for a third at the end chucking everyone forward to equalise.

Definitely all the fault of Puel.
I wasn't going to bite but I'm weak willed.

You see, this is the problem with posting nonsense such as this; nobody, not a single poster, blamed Puel for any of that. They blame him for deciding not to play a recognised striker. They blame him for not changing this soon enough when it was evident to everyone that Spurs were not that great. They blame him for his awful negativity before games. In the wider scheme of things, they blame him for a lack of willingness to adapt to the opposition often enough. They blame him for not using his best players correctly week in week out. They blame him for his unswerving arrogance in thinking that his system is correct and that the players must adapt. They blame him for bizzare, thoughtless, illogical substitutions in games that give us even less of a chance of creating anything. They don't blame him for a poor shot or a misplaced pass.

Players make mistakes and bad decisions because they are human. This is not the fault of a manager. But football like any other sport isn't as linear as this. We have been badly managed for months and months and one could easily make an argument for suggesting that it is this poor management that is leading to or at least not helping, the sloppiness or bad decision making in some instances. I'm not absolving the players of some of the blame but week in week out, you seem to look to absolve the manager of responsibility.

Just as those who say that our run to the title was 'lucky' should have their stupidity pointed out to them, so to should those that think that our current run to the lower half of the table and a handful of points above the drop zone is down to 'bad luck'. It really isn't.

Dropping our best ever striker FFS, stating he needed a rest.

Stating he hasn’t been sharp enough when he has been feeding off scraps for literally months FFS.

Making him adapt FFS - the only player on the pitch who you NEVER ask to adapt because Claude, me old flower - he wins you games.

**** off now, you’re embarrassing.

Of course, if we hadn't hit every ****ing shot and headed straight at their GK, it might have been different. He must have been thinking "I don't need a defence - this is piss easy. "
Kasper was a spectator for nearly all the game, but he couldn't/ didn't get near to saving any of their three goals.
So what is it? Is Loris a better keeper? Is Kasper's positioning rubbish? - Or are our strikers so inept all they can do is knock it through to their keeper?
PS after a 6-0 thrashing today - maybe Kante looks back at his 'good old days' as a Leicester hero in a different light.

Just watched the extended highlights on Sky. We did look really good for much of the game. The problem is we’ve got some really exciting players in Barnes, Gray and Maddison, Ghezzal who haven’t yet got the finished product consistently. I won’t write any of them off yet.

For those who were bemoaning Mahrez’ performances on the last two seasons imagine him on the pitch today and what he’d done with those chances. Whatever his performances he was getting goals and assists figures that contributed significantly, numbers those named above aren’t yet going to get anywhere near. And of course leaving out the only other player from the last two seasons who has any kind of stats was just crazy.

And at the other end we have some exciting players who haven’t learnt their trade and when not to pass to the opposition....

I’m one of Vardy’s biggest supporters but giving him the penalty for his first kick was ridiculous. I hated the idea of Maddison taking it but watching it unfold clearly he should have just stepped up and had a go himself. The delay helped no one but Spurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757